Main Stream not connecting

iantan

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I've probably done something stupid but as a newbie to Blue Iris I need a bit of help.

I'm playing around with my build and currently have 6 Unifi Protect cameras running at 1080 which are all fine.

I had an Annke, clone of Hikvision running at 4k and another copy of this camera running the sub stream at 640 x 480.

All was good and my PC was running around 14% cpu load, I changed the cameras to "Hardware decode" default with the intention of trying the various hardware decode options from Blue Iris's main settings to see what effect it had on my CPU.

Long story short, I was setting this up and had to go out. On my return my 4k camera feed was gone. I could not see a way to reinstall it from the existing camera settings so I deleted the camera and then set it up again. It wont work.

I checked the stream in VLC and it works perfectly but Blue Iris will not accept it.

Anybody any ideas?

iantan

n3wb
Reaction score
Answered my own question.

If I set the hardware decode to "intel" it will not display the main stream at 4K. I was trying some other decode options and the camera came back on.

Not sure why, but just for info if anyone else has a similar issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some computers are not capable of hardware decode. Or some can do it for H264 but not H265. If you do not have intel in the machine, then intel hardware decode will not work as you found out.

iantan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks wittaj,

It's a fairly new i7 machine with 32gb ram which I set up with the express purpose of 4k video editing.

Strange it only affects the one camera!

Anyway, I'll try the other options.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, and sometimes a camera does get goofy. I have one that I cannot run hardware accelerate on but others are just fine.