LTS NVR what to do if modem gets reset and changes modem ip address?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a customer that has century link dsl. They have stated that they have to reset it every other week. In resetting it, it changes there external ip address making logging into the nvr externally a no go unless the change the ip address on the app. Is there apply fix to this outside of asking century link to give them a static modem ip?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a customer that has century link dsl. They have stated that they have to reset it every other week. In resetting it, it changes there external ip address making logging into the nvr externally a no go unless the change the ip address on the app. Is there apply fix to this outside of asking century link to give them a static modem ip?
dynamic dns. dyndns.com, no-ip.com and many others..or use the lts/hikvision free dynamic dns...all cheaper than a static ip.
That doesnt solve the underlying issue of a crappy modem though.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I set that up via a computer on their network correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I set that up via a computer on their network correct?
You need to use a device on the network to update the ip, it can be a router, camera, pc etc..it needs to be always on and support the service you are using. This needs to be dont on EVERY install that does not have a static ip.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They have a century link dsl modem router combo.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The one thing that's always on is the nvr. The modem/router they have to reset at least once a week i was told.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing that's always on is the nvr. The modem/router they have to reset at least once a week i was told.
then use the hikvision/lts free dynamic dns or whatever other dyn dns services the NVR supports.
Or simply use the modem router...it doesnt matter if it has to be reset, when its down, nothing will work anyways.
They need to replace the modem/router.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll just take my netbook with me to setup ddns as their puter is ancient!