Reaction score

Attachments

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks good

2 things that really bug me

1. the motorcycle sitting in garage covered up clearly never ridden or rarely
2. the creeper factor of cameras inside a home with exception to the baby one.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks good

2 things that really bug me

1. the motorcycle sitting in garage covered up clearly never ridden or rarely
2. the creeper factor of cameras inside a home with exception to the baby one.
1. 4th motorcycle owned in 12 years - used to do 5-7k a year just in recreational riding (only 6 months of riding weather here in the midwest). Been covered since we found out we were pregnant with our first - can't bring myself to sell it though, and having a child makes you understand your not superman! Thanks for pointing out the obvious though that she hasn't been ridden in a bit ;-(
2. We have an in home nanny during the day - the inside cameras are for our own piece of mind while away.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. 4th motorcycle owned in 12 years - used to do 5-7k a year just in recreational riding (only 6 months of riding weather here in the midwest). Been covered since we found out we were pregnant with our first - can't bring myself to sell it though, and having a child makes you understand your not superman! Thanks for pointing out the obvious though that she hasn't been ridden in a bit ;-(
2. We have an in home nanny during the day - the inside cameras are for our own piece of mind while away.

Im in Midwest ride till there is snow lmfao. Even with a child On the way I would never stop the passion for riding just like a women would never stop spending money on shoes that she will never wear in a life time. . Time for you to pull that beast out and ride it

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a review I wrote in another board - it could have fallen in either so I wanted to link to it here as well should anyone be interested.

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5681-HIKVision-amp-LTS-3-amp-4mp-Camera-review-example
Great pictures. Just got a few ideas.

The one covering the bins... if you video a bit less of the wall right next to the camera, then you'll get better night-vision should any one approach the bins.

One covering the front (might apply to others too). If you set WDR on this one (not the 4MP ones) to 5 or 10 then it'll make a huge difference to the shadows with barely any extra noise.

Might be worth a go.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Great pictures. Just got a few ideas.

The one covering the bins... if you video a bit less of the wall right next to the camera, then you'll get better night-vision should any one approach the bins.

One covering the front (might apply to others too). If you set WDR on this one (not the 4MP ones) to 5 or 10 then it'll make a huge difference to the shadows with barely any extra noise.

Might be worth a go.
Thanks @Del Boy - The side camera isn't really about the bins, its actually about the door they sit in front of which is the side entry to the garage. If someone wants to go through our recycling by all means go ahead, there just going to get a ton of water bottles and empty canned goods. Also its sorta a catch 22 there. If I turn out to much I catch an overhang, the only option is to go more down, which cancels it out anyways and makes it worse. If I want I just need to put in a junction box and attach the camera to that which is what I did for the camera covering the front.

I'll give the WDR settings a try - I played with them briefly however haven't had much time to dial them in or spend true time adjusting, so thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Im in Midwest ride till there is snow lmfao. Even with a child On the way I would never stop the passion for riding just like a women would never stop spending money on shoes that she will never wear in a life time. . Time for you to pull that beast out and ride it
Motorcycles are in my blood @code2 - however, my father was stuck by an 82 year old legally blind lady that blew a red light 2 months before I was born and paralyzed from the waist down... I loved riding every minute, even made 6 trips to deals gap over the years, however I always said I wouldn't deprive my child of some of the things I was growing up because of my dads accident. Things like that put a lot into perspective, no mater how much passion you have.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Motorcycles are in my blood @code2 - however, my father was stuck by an 82 year old legally blind lady that blew a red light 2 months before I was born and paralyzed from the waist down... I loved riding every minute, even made 6 trips to deals gap over the years, however I always said I wouldn't deprive my child of some of the things I was growing up because of my dads accident. Things like that put a lot into perspective, no mater how much passion you have.
Not how long you live but what you do with the time you have. Riding or not you can be killed walking out the front door now a days. your odds are about the same lol.

Moving on I don't think you really need that camera watching the side door near the bins. TBH it seems like you ran out of places to put the last camera so you thru it up there. I honestly would if you can move that camera to grab a wider shot to what ever is on the side of that garage door the yard? side yard what ever and let the inside garage camera handle the video of what may or may not come in that door. That camera will do nothing but show someones head which wouldn't help much. JUST my opinion

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not how long you live but what you do with the time you have. Riding or not you can be killed walking out the front door now a days. your odds are about the same lol.

Moving on I don't think you really need that camera watching the side door near the bins. TBH it seems like you ran out of places to put the last camera so you thru it up there. I honestly would if you can move that camera to grab a wider shot to what ever is on the side of that garage door the yard? side yard what ever and let the inside garage camera handle the video of what may or may not come in that door. That camera will do nothing but show someones head which wouldn't help much. JUST my opinion
odds of being injured on a bike is MUCH higher than walking. Zero is doing right by his kid and family. Yes there is risk in everything buy why increase the risk. He is simply putting his child's interests before his own pleasure, very commendable.
As far as the camera, it may be a little high, but its there to watch the door. There is nothing wrong with placing a camera at a point of entry.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
odds of being injured on a bike is MUCH higher than walking. Zero is doing right by his kid and family. Yes there is risk in everything buy why increase the risk. He is simply putting his child's interests before his own pleasure, very commendable.
As far as the camera, it may be a little high, but its there to watch the door. There is nothing wrong with placing a camera at a point of entry.
Odds in IL, chicago especially your chances on a bike right now are less then being shot lol. Moving on from a convo between me and him tho back to the topic at hand.

The camera is watching a door yes I know its watching the same door thats already being watching from inside the garage. Not sure two cameras are needed to watch the same door but to each is their own I guess.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Odds in IL, chicago especially your chances on a bike right now are less then being shot lol. Moving on from a convo between me and him tho back to the topic at hand.

The camera is watching a door yes I know its watching the same door thats already being watching from inside the garage. Not sure two cameras are needed to watch the same door but to each is their own I guess.
Riding the bike does not magically eliminate the risk of being shot. It simply adds an additional risk.
The interior camera is likely there to check on the garage door. The outside door camera is there so that it can record and/or alert before the break in or have a record of any attempt. I dont see the problem.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Riding the bike does not magically eliminate the risk of being shot. It simply adds an additional risk.
The interior camera is likely there to check on the garage door. The outside door camera is there so that it can record and/or alert before the break in or have a record of any attempt. I dont see the problem.
@fenderman has it - garage camera is to watch overhead door as well as see who's home (what cars are in the garage). The outside camera is watching point of entry. Someone may decide to kick that side door in - that door alarm sensor is set to instant alarm thus if someone kicks it open, alarm sounds, and they run that camera gets them while the garage camera would not. Flip side is if the garage door is up/open and someone walks into my garage the garage camera gets them - or as stated above allows me to assure my wife got home when I am traveling over seas and there is a 12+hr time difference that doesn't permit me to call.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just some info on the bike riders, everyone you know that doesn't ride bikes, tell them when driving, look down at the road, and up all the way before pulling out to see if a biker is coming. I think it's called something like "train tracks watching" Where you start from where you are standing, and look from down to up with your eyes following the road like it's a set of train tracks to make sure it's clear the whole distance that you can see.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great install, and very nice choice in equipment. Did you pull all the cable yourself?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Great install, and very nice choice in equipment. Did you pull all the cable yourself?
@OldStyle - yes sir, I ran all cable myself. All cable is in the attic space and or in the wall cavities. Nothing is exposed, and all is run back to the NVR which is concealed in a locked closet/cabinet.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@OldStyle - yes sir, I ran all cable myself. All cable is in the attic space and or in the wall cavities. Nothing is exposed, and all is run back to the NVR which is concealed in a locked closet/cabinet.
I can see you're someone with an eye for detail. I am the same way. A few more questions for you if you don't mind. I recently purchased a new home, and it's unfortunately not wired for ethernet so I'm trying to get a few bids together. The attic has no insulation, so it's easy for me to crawl up there and have cables pulled. Since I can design it from scratch, do you recommend any particular setup methodology? I was thinking of having all the cables come towards a patch panel in a closet, and me setup my surveillance system there.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see you're someone with an eye for detail. I am the same way. A few more questions for you if you don't mind. I recently purchased a new home, and it's unfortunately not wired for ethernet so I'm trying to get a few bids together. The attic has no insulation, so it's easy for me to crawl up there and have cables pulled. Since I can design it from scratch, do you recommend any particular setup methodology? I was thinking of having all the cables come towards a patch panel in a closet, and me setup my surveillance system there.
That would be the most logical thing to do. Makes life easier when everything is right there in one spot