Lost all Alerts After BI 5 Update

Marie5192

n3wb
Reaction score
Updated to BI 5 and since that we have lost all text alert notifications. Anyone else have the same issues? I have noticed that there is a new update everyday which makes me think it is a software issue. What is odd is the everything was working and now I have lost all notifications from all 11 cameras. Some notification will come in a day or two later but for the most part they all stopped.

Please help. Any insight is appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upgraded from which version to which version?

How are the alerts coming - by email or text or push notifications? Many providers have changed their Spam filtering and some have seen that some coding in the newest version with DeepStack must be hitting spam folders.

Did you upgrade to gain benefit of new features like DeepStack and the new recording options? If not, then I suggest you rollback to the stable version you were on.

Many people do not run on the latest and greatest version - you find one that is stable for you and you stay there until something is added that you need or want.

Many of us have noticed that when DeepStack was added to BI, that this appears to add an internal sequencing of events for motion and triggers and if the camera was set up a certain way, it would quit triggering. Nobody has been able to figure out why yet. In many instances people have deleted the camera and re-added and set up and it worked. Others took the settings of a good camera and copied that when adding a new camera. Others have found that you need to turn on object detection and have a zone cover the complete camera and type that zone letter in the crosses box.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The updates you're seeing are related to DeepStack AI detection which is a relatively new feature in BI. The basic version 5 is quite stable. You don't specify which version you are running and there are many revisions, already, in BI V5. The current version is 5.4.9.14

The first thing to do is to test the alerts, one at a time, for each event that triggers them. I've had occasional problems with alerts, too, but the seem to go away with the next update. I suspect it's the way the update may actually be installed depending on each specific installation. If all else fails, delete the alerts and re-create them. If that, too fails, delete the cameras, one at a time after noting their settings, and re-create them. Don't try to export the current configuration and import it to re-create the camera.

Marie5192

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgraded from which version to which version?

How are the alerts coming - by email or text or push notifications? Many providers have changed their Spam filtering and some have seen that some coding in the newest version with DeepStack must be hitting spam folders.

Did you upgrade to gain benefit of new features like DeepStack and the new recording options? If not, then I suggest you rollback to the stable version you were on.

Many people do not run on the latest and greatest version - you find one that is stable for you and you stay there until something is added that you need or want.

Many of us have noticed that when DeepStack was added to BI, that this appears to add an internal sequencing of events for motion and triggers and if the camera was set up a certain way, it would quit triggering. Nobody has been able to figure out why yet. In many instances people have deleted the camera and re-added and set up and it worked. Others took the settings of a good camera and copied that when adding a new camera. Others have found that you need to turn on object detection and have a zone cover the complete camera and type that zone letter in the crosses box.
Hello,

Thanks for your response. Alerts were coming via text. Running on 5.4.9.13, however this started shortly after BI 5 update as I just noticed that not all alerts were coming through, then after another update they ceased all together. The system is set to run updates automatically hence part of the problem there.

So in answer to your question no, I did not update to gain the new benefits. Interestingly enough though I did take your advice and rollback to a previous version and notifications are still not working.

My last resort is going have to be to uninstall and reinstall each camera and build from there. I will keep trying different things as you mentioned. It's like a continuing puzzle when new updates and bugs come out.

Marie5192

n3wb
Reaction score
The updates you're seeing are related to DeepStack AI detection which is a relatively new feature in BI. The basic version 5 is quite stable. You don't specify which version you are running and there are many revisions, already, in BI V5. The current version is 5.4.9.14

The first thing to do is to test the alerts, one at a time, for each event that triggers them. I've had occasional problems with alerts, too, but the seem to go away with the next update. I suspect it's the way the update may actually be installed depending on each specific installation. If all else fails, delete the alerts and re-create them. If that, too fails, delete the cameras, one at a time after noting their settings, and re-create them. Don't try to export the current configuration and import it to re-create the camera.

Thank you for your response. I am working on this now. I agree with you, there have been instances where alerts have stopped working only to work again after the next update. I definitely believe it to be something in BI's end.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Whatever the problem is I would say it's specific to your system. I've had some problems with SMS messages with a few updates but they always sort themselves out without my intervention.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I am working on this now. I agree with you, there have been instances where alerts have stopped working only to work again after the next update. I definitely believe it to be something in BI's end.
It's advised to turn off auto updating. Stick with the versions that are deemed "stable".
Otherwise you are living on the bleeding edge. ;)