Losing Weight

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’ve dieted up and down since 2000. My heaviest was 235 ish. I’m down to 178 now at 52. My goal is to have a certain appearance more than weight. I HATE my spare tire even at 178.

My advice is one word, discipline. It sucks but the more I am, the better I look.

I’ve now been off sugar (candy is my heroin) for 3 weeks. I was 187.

I walk a couple miles a day and eat 6 small meals. Just started using the Chuck Norris Total G too.

I’m a slave to my Apple Watch, but it really helps with the discipline.

Reaction score
Now I've gone off the deep end. :) For my birthday, we bought an Elliptical (cross-trainer) to compliment the treadmill. I want to back off of running daily to prevent any future issues with my joints and feet. This thing is AWESOME. Just another level of absolute pain! Ha, ha., but in a good way. Even my girls like using it. These 'home' machines have come a long way!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that a "cause and effect" thing or a coincidental thing? Only way to find out is to check things like BP and heart rate regularly and track them, then do a long ride again. As the commercials always say "consult with your physician before trying this".

Last edited:

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Written by a fattist bigot no doubt, who probably also denies all shapes are equally beautiful and healthy. :lol:

Next big scientific discovery will be a theory that humans are sexually dimorphic (2 sexes).

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Written by a fattist bigot no doubt, who probably also denies all shapes are equally beautiful and healthy. :lol:

Next big scientific discovery will be a theory that humans are sexually dimorphic (2 sexes).
I'm waiting for some grant sucking he/she/it/they to discover that water is wet.