Lorex NVR with Pelco Camera

Hong99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems with the Lorex NVR and Pelco camera. Model of NVR that I using is N864A6B, and the Pelco camera that I using is ESSE1-2X40-SBT-PA. The camera successfully connected to the system. However, the live view does not display any images.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue before?

Attachments

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems with the Lorex NVR and Pelco camera. Model of NVR that I using is N864A6B, and the Pelco camera that I using is ESSE1-2X40-SBT-PA. The camera successfully connected to the system. However, the live view does not display any images.

Did you try double clicking on the upper left corner camera....it looks like it's there. You can also click on Reconect IPC to see if that helps.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best practice is to match NVR and camera brand to ensure full functionality.

If the camera is using H265, try the camera at H264.

With that said, I doubt anyone here is using a $4,000 camera with a Lorex NVR LOL

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In image #2, why do all 3 channels shown have the "Type" at far right of screen as "ESS....." ?
Is there more than 1 Pelco camera?

Hong99

n3wb
Reaction score
In image #2, why do all 3 channels shown have the "Type" at far right of screen as "ESS....." ?
Is there more than 1 Pelco camera?
I guess it just showing the Model of the camera,
Yes, there are 3 camera

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Hi @Hong99

Does live view with only one camera show anything ?

For Lorex / Dahua OEM NVRs and cameras, sometimes people have needed to properly configure the substream information for multiple camera view to show live views ..
( when in multiple camera view, the display takes the substream information to decode .. otherwise a lot of work for the system to decode a full 8MP and reduce the resolution to a small window .. )

I'd try the substream info configuration and see if you can get a view ..

Hong99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Hong99

Does live view with only one camera show anything ?

For Lorex / Dahua OEM NVRs and cameras, sometimes people have needed to properly configure the substream information for multiple camera view to show live views ..
( when in multiple camera view, the display takes the substream information to decode .. otherwise a lot of work for the system to decode a full 8MP and reduce the resolution to a small window .. )

I'd try the substream info configuration and see if you can get a view ..
Hi,

Live view with 1 cam also don't show anything, I've tried both main and sub stream, and both cannot work.
Meanwhile, I also tried with 2 other brand of NVR which is Dahua and Milesight,
The NVR from Dahua seems to have the same problem as Lorex's NVR, whereas the Milesight NVR works flawlessly.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Live view with 1 cam also don't show anything, I've tried both main and sub stream, and both cannot work.
Meanwhile, I also tried with 2 other brand of NVR which is Dahua and Milesight,
The NVR from Dahua seems to have the same problem as Lorex's NVR, whereas the Milesight NVR works flawlessly.
Is the camera configured as ONVIF ?
Is the channel on the NVR configured as ONVIF ?

Hong99

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, both configured as ONVIF.

Its just have issue with Pelco camera,

I tested both Dahua and Milesight cameras on this Lorex NVR, and both functioned properly.