Lorex NVR Cycling through Cams on 1 Channel

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys! I did a quick search here and on google with no luck, with the closest result being the Dahua PSA posted a few threads down. Im hoping you could help me with specifics.

I'm helping a neighbor who owns an HVAC company and is having issues with Catalytic Converter thefts. I have experience with LOREX systems and like their interface and app, so we have a Lorex N862A63B NVR installed. We have four Lorex E892DD cameras to put in the corners, but wanted to get a little fancy and put two UNV IPC672LR-AX4DUPKC Active Deterrence cameras up, as he really wanted to draw attention to the cameras to deter theft. All cameras are connected to a separate POE switch on the same network as the NVR, none in the NVR ports.

The UNV cameras are able to be found under registration without issue, and are assigned their own IP via DHCP (192.168.1.107 & 192.168.1.109). I am able to add them via registration in the NVR, and I am able to access them via their web interface. The web interface has no issue, but when I add them to channels on the NVR, things get weird. I have .107 added to Channel 2, and .109 added to Channel 3. They populate and display, but then the channel goes black for a second, then both Channel 2 & 3 display .107. After a minute or so, Channel 2 & 3 switch to .109. It just keeps cycling like this. Again, the web interface works just fine, but I need them to record to the NVR. I have accessed both UNV cameras via the web interface and changed their IPs to .13 & .14 and added them again, but get the same issue. In the camera registration field, the IP addresses of added channels switch between the two UNV cameras as they switch on the screen, even when I deliberately add them one at a time via the NVR. I have removed all channels on the NVR and rebooted it, but same issue.

I know Lorex is now owned by Dahua and I have been trying to read up on Dahua products, but am coming up with nothing at the moment. I have added UNV Active Deterrence cameras to a Lorex NVR in the recent past via switch without issue, but that was with older firmware. Please educate me and help me fix this.

Thanks!

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up spending a lot of time talking to Nelly's (great customer service btw) and Lorex Support. Neither could figure it out. I ended up replacing one of the UNV PTZs with a Lorex PTZ and everything is up and running. No one is sure why the two UNV cameras keep fighting for space on the Lorex NVR, but if anyone comes up with a solution, please let me know.

brad220

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. Hoping that someone can chime in with some advice, as replacing my two devices with lorex products is not an option in my case as lorex does not make a poe doorbell, nor a 180 degree camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. Hoping that someone can chime in with some advice, as replacing my two devices with lorex products is not an option in my case as lorex does not make a poe doorbell, nor a 180 degree camera.
The OP is over 2 years old now but insure that if you setup is like his, and the cams are powered by a POE switch and NOT by the NVR, then all cams should be on the same subnet as the NVR's LAN.

Unlike the OP's description of "DHCP", insure your cams are assigned unique STATIC IP's in the same subnet as the NVR's LAN but outside of the router's DHCP pool (if there is a router).

brad220

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured out a solution. I sacrificed my bird's eye cam by assigning it a lorex 10.x.x.x IP and plugging it directly into my dvr thereby turning it into a zombie. Though I lost some minor functionality by doing so, I have plenty of other cams running to capture the more important stuff. My doorbell I stuck with running it through my home's network via a poe switch and stuck with its standard 192.x.x.x address, so I still get all of its cool features. It seems as though these nvr's are allergic to having two 192.x.x.x addresses running simultaneously. Hope this helps somebody.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I figured out a solution. I sacrificed my bird's eye cam by assigning it a lorex 10.x.x.x IP and plugging it directly into my dvr thereby turning it into a zombie. Though I lost some minor functionality by doing so, I have plenty of other cams running to capture the more important stuff. My doorbell I stuck with running it through my home's network via a poe switch and stuck with its standard 192.x.x.x address, so I still get all of its cool features. It seems as though these nvr's are allergic to having two 192.x.x.x addresses running simultaneously. Hope this helps somebody.
Do the "problem" cams, via their webGUI, have their IP's configured as DHCP or static?

brad220

n3wb
Reaction score
Do the "problem" cams, via their webGUI, have their IP's configured as DHCP or static?
I had them both plugged into my home's network via poe injectors and set them as static via their web interfaces. It would start cycling like the ones in the op and adopt the other's ip and then duplicate the images lol. It was a really weird problem.