Lorex Fusion 4k system installation - how?

Reaction score
Hi there,

Newbie to the world of IP Camera system and looking for some help please.

Looking to buy the lorex Fusion 4k system with 4 bullet or dome cams. I will set out the layout and would love for someone to suggest how best to wire all this up please.

NVR will go next to the tv in the living room as I want to see the cams on the tv. Two of the cameras can easily go from the NVR to that side of the house. However, the router is in an upstairs bedroom on the opposite side of the house (but where I want the other two cameras). The first question is about connecting the NVR to the router. I though a long cable but thats a faff so wondered about a cheap wifi mesh system to connect the two remotely?

Next is how i install the two remaining cameras on that side of the house where the router is as I would rather not run the cat5 ethernet right around the outside of the house if possible. The three options as I see it are;

1. Buy two additional WIFI cameras and just give them mains power through the exterior wall. (expensive and I am also then wasting the two additional IP cameras from the 4 camera system)
2. Buy two mains adapters for the IP cameras and run their ethernets into the router that the NVR will hopefully be able to see. (with this option, it seems a bit tricky to buy the right mains adapter as Lorex dont sell them and dont seem to want you to use them and it voids the warranty if you do?)
3. Purchase a POE switch to sit between the router and the two cameras (removes the need to buy them their own power adapters but are these switches plug and play as I have limited IT knowledge? I would be hoping to just plug my two ethernets into the switch, give it power, run one ethernet cable between the switch and the router and hope that the NVR can then see both cameras etc?

I hope all that makes sense and that someone is able to offer some advice please. looking to purchase asap as Lorex currently have offers on.

For info - previously had a eUFY wireless system that was returned as I got fed up with charging the batteries and one of the cameras packed in just outside warranty. Hoping that a wired system will be more robust, no charging and i like the fact I can use the app or change channels and just see it on tv.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Lorex all-in-one box kits suffer from less than ideal MP/sensor ratios on the cameras and perform poorly at night.

Many people come here after buying Lorex and then wanting to upgrade because they were not performing like they hoped.

See this thread from just this week where someone came here looking at a Lorex system and the comments he got.

Your eufy wifi cams "may have worked" because they were not streaming to a recording device 24/7. You try wifi cams with an NVR and you will have lots of dropped signals and will bring your home wifi to its knees. Much better to take the time to get ethernet to it or use a powerline adapter that runs the data over your existing electric lines. If you decide to do wifi, then you want it as a separate system not connected to your home wifi.