Looking for industrial POE switch with 3G / 4G Cellular

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone here recommend an industrial POE switch with 3G / 4G Cellular? I need something to stand up to changing new England weather conditions.

I am planning to use it in a Weatherproof Enclosure with 120 VAC Outlets, 200W Heater & Cooling Fan that turns on at 85°F
enclosure.png

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Probably something like these: 4G/5G LTE Cellular Routers and Gateways | Sierra Wireless

They aren't cheap and of course you have to pay for the data by the month. Can you not connect a PtP wireless link from your install back to the home station?
Thanks Biggen. Have you had any experience with this brand? I have no easy way of getting a signal back to the home network as this is an offsite parking area.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
No I haven't. I've never been unlucky enough to have to use a cellular modem for this kind of work. That brand is enterprise quality so it should get the job done.

Your issue will be how much data the cameras will consume. Do you want to stream 24x7? Or are you wanting to just record to an edge device (sdcard) and then remote in when you want to view the video?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you want to stream 24x7? Or are you wanting to just record to an edge device (sdcard) and then remote in when you want to view the video?
I will be using the onboard SD.