Looking for a 8 channel NVR for Loryta cams

gunit00

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I have had great luck with an NVR for the last 4+yrs, I want to get a 8 channel NVR for 3 IPC-T2431T-AS

Does this NVR fit the bill : EmpireTech NVR5208-8P-4KS2E 8 Channel 1U 8PoE 4K&H.265 Pro Network Video Recorder English Version ?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris (BI) on an older desktop, for several years. I have really loved BI, however, over several years there have been a couple updates that left things not working for several days.

Since the PC is on it's last legs. Buying a replacement PC was going to cost more than the $320+Tax NVR. So, I thought I would give the exact model you reference, a try ().

UPS delivered the Dahua NVR yesterday and I have been playing around with it tonight. My first impression is, I LOVE IT. I plugged it all in, went through initial setup, connected my IPC-xxxxx POE cameras up and it is working. Obviously, I have not been through all the details or features. However, at first blush, I think I am going to like it.

I need a few more days to play with alerts, recording, alarms, mobile acceess, etc. Right now, I am thinking BI may be retired.

If anyone wants to point out the shortcomings of going this route, I am more than willing to go back to BI but at this point i have not found one.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes.
I bought a last generation Amcrest model since they have the new generation out now.
these have been reduced buy Amcrest direct on ebay...

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Since I have had great luck with an NVR for the last 4+yrs, I want to get a 8 channel NVR for 3 IPC-T2431T-AS

Does this NVR fit the bill : EmpireTech NVR5208-8P-4KS2E 8 Channel 1U 8PoE 4K&H.265 Pro Network Video Recorder English Version ?

Yes

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hi @gunit00

Also check the 5216 model, often just a bit more ..

I like the 5xxx series more than the 4xxx series.