Logitech Alert Commander Camera System

Milt

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wonder if any knows it there is another system like Logitech Alert Commander which is a POE camera and with the POE the video and audio that is recorded on the cameras SD card this video and audio is sent from the LA700i or LA700i-A via the AC wires in a home to the NA750 which connect to my router sending the video to my desktop computer which then records a all 14 cameras onto my CP hard drive too.Remember this transfer video and audio is done through AC wire not a Ethernet cable.
The Logitech was a good system but now has been discontinued for over 6 years now and it only shoot 720 in a standard window format(4X3) not in Wide Screen format (16X9). So I am hoping to find a compatible camera system that will not use WiFi (quality is better over Ethernet cable) or need me to string new wires for my 14 camera positions. It would be great to slowly replace my Logitech cameras with a new breed of compatible HD 1080p or higher cameras with the Logitech system.
Thanks Milt.

Last edited:

Milt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi looney2ns, the Dahua cameras you sent in your reply, these cameras have Ethernet cable connectability I see, but to be compatible with my Logitech Alert Commander system can the Dahua connect directly to either the LA700i or LA700i-A`s Ethernet cable then send the video and audio via the home`s power line system to my desktop computer? Again remember I have not installed any cables to get the video and audio to my desktop to record it on my hard drive. The cables that get all the information to my computer are the LOAD and LINE AC POWER LINES WITHIN MY HOME! This is how the Logitech Alert commander can work so no extra cables or lines need to be installed at all. Let me know if this is how the Dahua system can also work. Or if any other system is like Logitech Alert Commander at all or is this one of a kind camera system.
Thanks Milt.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi looney2ns, the Dahua cameras you sent in your reply, these cameras have Ethernet cable connectability I see, but to be compatible with my Logitech Alert Commander system can the Dahua connect directly to either the LA700i or LA700i-A`s Ethernet cable then send the video and audio via the home`s power line system to my desktop computer? Again remember I have not installed any cables to get the video and audio to my desktop to record it on my hard drive. The cables that get all the information to my computer are the LOAD and LINE AC POWER LINES WITHIN MY HOME! This is how the Logitech Alert commander can work so no extra cables or lines need to be installed at all. Let me know if this is how the Dahua system can also work. Or if any other system is like Logitech Alert Commander at all or is this one of a kind camera system.
Thanks Milt.
The logitechs are simply using powerline technology (and old outdated tech at that) which is available to you in many flavors on amazon. You can buy your own adapters and then add a poe injector to supply power, or buy powerline adapters with POE already built in like these https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Powerline-Supports-TPL-331EP-TPL-331EP2K/dp/B0796ZJPJ7
however, you are much better off simply paying someone to properly run the cable in the walls nice and neat and it will be much more reliable than powerline could ever be.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.