Logitech Alert 700e -Failing Power Adapters

philbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Two of my Logitech Alert power adapters have failed on me. As per Keith L.'s suggestion, I am considering picking up the iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and the TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter.

Can someone please confirm how to set this up?

I presume the ethernet cable coming out of the camera plugs into the iCreatin's 'Data In' port. A second ethernet cable then plugs into the iCreatin's 'Data & Power Out' port which then feeds into the TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter. I already have the Logitech Alert 'network adapter' or 'bridge' plugged in and connected to my modem so I also presume I will not need to setup and connect the second TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter to the modem (ie. the existing Logitech Alert network adapter will detect the cam that is connected to the TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter).

Did I get this correct??

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Phil.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You've got the wrong port on the POE injector going to the camera. I don't or use Logitech Alert 700e but I think you can trust me here. Do this:

Logitech cam => "Data & Power port" of iCreatin POE injector | iCreatin POE injector "Data port" => TP-LINK AV-600 <=> house wiring <=> TP-LINK AV-600 => modem/router or switch LAN port

Or if cam is near router or switch LAN port, then the TP-LINK AV-600 won't be needed; the pair of AV-600's turns your house wiring into an Ethernet cable:​

Logitech cam => "Data & Power port" of iCreatin POE injector | iCreatin POE injector "Data port" => modem/router or switch LAN port

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have not used this, but had it bookmarked in the event I ever needed to replace a powerline adapter. You're looking for an affordable replacement for the Logitech powerline adapter, which works on the Homeplug AV v1 standard. You can use this, but it works on the G.hn standard, so you would need to replace all adapters to be on the same standard. The G.hn standard, being newer, is less sensative than the Homeplug v1 or v2 standard as far as being installed on outlets that are on different trees of your circuit box. G.hn v2 should be out by now, but I haven't seen any powerline adapters with POE that state using the newest v2. In the past, as a test, I'm pretty sure I remember taking the camera and hooking it to my POE switch, and could see the camera in my router, then able to add to blue iris rather than using the Logitech Alert Commander software. After the system went EOL, I slowly started migrating away from this system, so I had a mix of Alert cameras and Dahua cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Logitech makes a great mouse and keyboard but I wouldn't touch the rest of their stuff with your money.

Dingoo

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed one old camera from the house we sold, and left two behind. I set up the one in my new house and I can access it fine from PC and Android phone.

But logging into Alert.logitech.com requires Adobe Flash Player which no longer exists! I can't get in to change the parameters. Any idea how to log in?

Thank you.
Install Blue Iris and you will find your camera fast. Forget in this case Alert.Logitech.com. Blue iris don't need Adobe but can talk with your cameras. Home - Blue Iris Software

philbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Status Update :

I have successfully replaced my failing Logitech Alert LA700i network power adapter using the following two devices:

• TP-LINK PoE Injector Adapter(TL-PoE150S)
  • TP-LINK AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter(TL-PA4010KIT)
    • comes packaged with 2 adapters hence it being called a 'KIT'

If your existing Logitech Alert Bridge device (the huge brick that connects directly to your router) is still functional, the fix is seamless. Here are the cat5 cable connection details I used :
  • Logitech Cam => TP-LINK PoE Injector Adapter/POWER&DATA OUT port => TP-LINK PoE Injector Adapter/LAN IN port => TP-LINK AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter
    • because your existing Logitech Alert Bridge is still functional, you only need to use one of the two TP-LINK AV600 Nano Powerline Adapters that comes in the kit.

With that setup, the Logitech Alert Commander software automatically detects the camera and viola, you are back in business. Honestly, it's that easy and it's totally sweet ...

It's also interesting to note that replacing the faulty Logitech Alert LA700i network power adapter has practically eliminated all the issues being experienced by all the cameras on the system (the OEM adapter actually did work but its camera's connection was intermittent at best and, within the Logitech Alert Commander software, the connected camera would black out and lag constantly).

Anyhoo, thought I would post a followup for anyone who needs to replace their network power adapters.

Cheers,
Phil.

Dingoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Status Update :

I have successfully replaced my failing Logitech Alert LA700i network power adapter using the following two devices:

• TP-LINK PoE Injector Adapter(TL-PoE150S)
  • TP-LINK AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter(TL-PA4010KIT)
    • comes packaged with 2 adapters hence it being called a 'KIT'

If your existing Logitech Alert Bridge device (the huge brick that connects directly to your router) is still functional, the fix is seamless. Here are the cat5 cable connection details I used :
  • Logitech Cam => TP-LINK PoE Injector Adapter/POWER&DATA OUT port => TP-LINK PoE Injector Adapter/LAN IN port => TP-LINK AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter
    • because your existing Logitech Alert Bridge is still functional, you only need to use one of the two TP-LINK AV600 Nano Powerline Adapters that comes in the kit.

With that setup, the Logitech Alert Commander software automatically detects the camera and viola, you are back in business. Honestly, it's that easy and it's totally sweet ...

It's also interesting to note that replacing the faulty Logitech Alert LA700i network power adapter has practically eliminated all the issues being experienced by all the cameras on the system (the OEM adapter actually did work but its camera's connection was intermittent at best and, within the Logitech Alert Commander software, the connected camera would black out and lag constantly).

Anyhoo, thought I would post a followup for anyone who needs to replace their network power adapters.

Cheers,
Phil.
Phil, I don't understand this. Can you take a picture of this combination and post it. An image says much more than words. Thanks in advance. André

bedrock

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize this thread is over two years old now, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners who come across it, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29.

There was no configuration required, literally plug and play straight out of the boxes, and Alert Commander immediately found and connected the camera just as before with the original power supply.

Kudos to Logitech for using reliable hardware standards in these cameras.

As for why we bother to keep our Alert cameras in this era of smart, HD WiFi IP cams: Logitech Alert zone-based motion detection is free, the Windows app is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for residential surveillance (I find BlueIris unnecessarily technical, fwiw), the local camera SD to PC video download works seamlessly, and the Alert mobile app still works pretty well on both Android and iOS for live viewing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Keith,
I just bought the two items you suggested and would greatly appreciate if you could explain how to connect these items. Here is what I have: A 700e in my attic connected with the power supply that came with the camera. It is plugged into an outlet that is about a foot away from the camera. In my office downstairs I have my desktop computer with a high speed modem from spectrum and a WiFi box from Netgear. I sure would like to try the setup you recommend if I only knew where to plug each part into, which means electrical outlets and ethernet cables. Thank you so kindly.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keith,
I just bought the two items you suggested and would greatly appreciate if you could explain how to connect these items. Here is what I have: A 700e in my attic connected with the power supply that came with the camera. It is plugged into an outlet that is about a foot away from the camera. In my office downstairs I have my desktop computer with a high speed modem from spectrum and a WiFi box from Netgear. I sure would like to try the setup you recommend if I only knew where to plug each part into, which means electrical outlets and ethernet cables. Thank you so kindly.
Try this:

Logitech cam => "Data & Power port" of iCreatin POE injector | iCreatin POE injector "Data port" => TP-LINK AV-600 <=> house wiring <=> TP-LINK AV-600 => modem/router or switch LAN port

Or if cam is near router or switch LAN port, then the TP-LINK AV-600 won't be needed; the pair of AV-600's turns your house wiring into an Ethernet cable:

Logitech cam => "Data & Power port" of iCreatin POE injector | iCreatin POE injector "Data port" => modem/router or switch LAN port

bedrock

n3wb
Reaction score
Try this:

Or if cam is near router or switch LAN port, then the TP-LINK AV-600 won't be needed; the pair of AV-600's turns your house wiring into an Ethernet cable:

Thanks Tony,
I tried the way you posted and nothing changed, so I replaced the camera and used the original power supply. It's working fine, so I will save the iCreatin and TP-Links just in case the original power supply shoots craps. I made a copy of your directions for future use, and appreciate the help.