Logitech 700e revived and I now have questions.

mpfjr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've had the Logitech Alert system for quite a while. This is the one where the camera sends the signal over your homes power wires from two converter boxes which are on each end of the run.

I had the power supply side go bad and I thought I would have to junk the camera but on a hunch I used one of my PoE injector modules and the camera was detected by Blue Iris just fine.
However there is no password for the camera or any web page login screen built into the cameras firmware... or is there?

Blue Iris searched for the camera and detected only RTSP as you can see from the below copy/paste

Opening port 80...
HTTP request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening port 8999...
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

I am just curious if the homework has already been done on this and there are other ways to connect and modify the camera properties.

Looking at a question/answer on Amazon, I see the below response. Looks like the claim is it can be used as a PoE camera which is great! I just wanted to be able to enable more options. The Alert software is really nice actually but does not allow me to set up any sort of direct web access to the camera.
"Question:
Is this Camera PoE?

Answer:​
It is flexible and can use either PoE or the included Powerline module. PoE gives you a consistantly smoother video feed so you should consider that for a permanent installation. The Powerline module makes it possible to put the camera anywhere where there is an electrical outlet. With an extension cord the possibilities are endless.
I use a little $20 PoE injector for my indoor camera. see less "

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've had the Logitech Alert system for quite a while. This is the one where the camera sends the signal over your homes power wires from two converter boxes which are on each end of the run.

I am just curious if the homework has already been done on this and there are other ways to connect and modify the camera properties.

The camera is PoE. Fenderman's suggestion isn't a bad one. There is no log-in available for the cameras. They do hold their IP address pretty well. What I would suggest is writing down the MAC address from the camera before installing it. Once you plug in the camera and power it up, log on to your router. Then locate the IP address to the matching MAC address. There may also be an easier way but this always worked for me, (until I sold them for huge profits!)

mpfjr

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't really sell the camera as it is modified to a certain extent. The rear cover where the cable comes out has been cut away to allow for a thicker cable and.. there was something else that makes it less that desirable. I like the camera because of its wide field of view though the quality of the image is not that great. I also like that it records to the memory card. These cameras are built like a tank too. I've always been satisfied with the camera. I bought some IP cameras recently and have 4 cameras currently set up and working well with Blue Iris.

I have it currently up and operating and it will work fine as is. I was just curious if there was any custom firmware or tricks to getting more out of the camera that people have discovered over the years.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't really sell the camera as it is modified to a certain extent. The rear cover where the cable comes out has been cut away to allow for a thicker cable and.. there was something else that makes it less that desirable. I like the camera because of its wide field of view though the quality of the image is not that great. I also like that it records to the memory card. These cameras are built like a tank too. I've always been satisfied with the camera. I bought some IP cameras recently and have 4 cameras currently set up and working well with Blue Iris.

I have it currently up and operating and it will work fine as is. I was just curious if there was any custom firmware or tricks to getting more out of the camera that people have discovered over the years.
Even with the mods, you can probably get a pretty penny for it. Disregard the "wide" field of view claimed by logitech. The 130 degree number they use is the diagonal fov as opposed to the horizontal fov used by say dahua or hikvision. A 2mp or 4mp hikvsion with a 2.8mm lens will result in the same view probably wider. There are several hikvsion cameras that record to sd card as well.