Locked out of camera?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey,

I enabled network access on the camera, but added a white list. I may not have added enough to that list because I seem to be locked out of the camera now. I only added an NTP server. Does this mean that my local network, and the NAS etc are off limits to the camera now? If that's the case, how do I move past this?

The other anomaly which seemed to coincide was my LAN connection was lost, and required unplugging, and replugging back into the laptop I'm on, after which it worked fine. But the camera is still playing hard to get.

Thanks

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You enabled a White List ("Allowlist" on one of my Dahuas) and only added the MAC or IP of the NTP server? In that case, I think that's the only thing that will be allowed access.

If so, can you spoof the MAC/IP address of the NTP server on your laptop? I don't know the Mac well enough to know how that's done but likely can.

Probably could do a reset of the cam to back to defaults also but avoiding that so you don't have to setup again.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe I was in system/safety/

I enabled network, but figured I better restrict it to nothing but an NTP server, for some reason thinking 'well, it's been reaching the NAS this whole time, and we've all been able to view the live feed here at the house' so this whitelist must be for anything other than the NAS, for instance. Whoops.

I'm trying to recall what NTP server I chose, because I was in 2 different areas .. the area system/general/? where I tried to add the google NTP server by IP, it wouldn't allow because it ended in 0, so I think I must have changed that. Then I was down in the network access, and enabled network access but only added an NTP server .. if this is where you add a port number as well for white listed IP's, I must have added only 123, the NTP standard port.

Does this mean I not only have to spoof the NTP server IP, but will still only have access to port 123 on the camera? I doubt that's going to get me anywhere ..

A shame, because I regularly screen capture settings I change, and this time I neglected to.

@EMPIRETECANDY , @wittaj , @Wildcat_1

Calling in some back up while I try spoofing what I recall was the NTP IP I white listed. :smash:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, was sleep time for me. Yes, i believe I know where you were...

allowlist.PNG

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If you did by IP it would be easy but if you added a port too, then you may be screwed. Can't think of a clever way around that.

A hard reset of the cam should work but hoping to avoid that. Maybe someone here will know some way to work around.

Last edited:

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I reset the camera an hour ago, and just finished setting it up again. I love how the generic Dahua profile only gets you so far, and after constructing a series of IVS rules, the Synology app will not reflect these in the schedule for triggers. ONLY after, once again, hitting "Load Capability" do those IVS rules show up on the Synology App. Things you learn along the way, and when I saw my IVS rules weren't showing on the Synology app I knew what needed doing .. likely from clicking away merrily the past few months. ha

@looney2ns , yeah, I'll pour back over those now that I have a firmer footing. Everything is a good review, once in a while.

*Nothing was harmed in the making of this folly. Perhaps bruised .. but not broken. :brainfart: