Linking two sites together

Mirez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a weird scenario that I'm trying to work out the best option for - thoughts or comments welcome!

The situation is a smallholding with the owner living about 100 meters away in a separate dwelling (clear line of sight). They have broadband and WiFi in the house but nothing in the yard and both the yard and house are separated in all respects (not shared power etc). I'm installing a CCTV setup into the yard for them (An already purchased hikvision NVR with 7 POE cameras) which will be housed in one of the tack rooms as its well protected.

I don't pretend to fully understand the current system, its analogue cameras utilising network cables with 4 transmitters with corresponding receivers in the house which is where the DVR is located at present (installed circa 1999). Now, the owner would like to be able to still remotely view the cameras from the comfort of home (can't blame them) so I need to figure a way of getting either the video feed back to it or linking the NVR to their home network. Playback/Control isn't needed and neither is a 4K picture, the TV it will be viewed on up there is 'historical' shall we say :)

Once I've taken a better look, I may be able to use one of the old transmitters to relay the signal but in the meantime I'm wondering about putting a WiFi Bridge in but happy to listed to any suggestions!! :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.