Link DeepStack custom model to profile

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been reading and probably missed it somewhere but can this be done? I have day and night profiles setup to run on schedule and in theory understand the DeepStack basic commands. Would like the ExDark to run only on the night profile, wondering if it can be executed in the On change... section of the Bue Iris profiles. Have sent a message to support but thought I'd pop the question here if it might help others. Sorry if it has been asked and I missed it! :wow:

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if you got this sorted out, but I have this set up. It just requires a little trick.
In camera settings, trigger > Artificial Intelligence, you can see the "to confirm," "to cancel," and "custom models" input boxes. These can be configured on a per-profile basis.
But here is the problem. When you have custom models enabled in the general settings > AI tab, it defaults all cameras, all profiles, to use all custom models in your custom models folder, except when specific models are specified in the custom models input box, separated by a semicolon. Like you, I didn't want the dark model running during the day, and I don't have any other custom models, so I have my day profile "tricked" into not using any custom models, by only putting a semicolon in the custom models box of my day profile. That way, it seems to break from the "use all custom models" into the "use only specified models," of which there are none listed, and the semicolon doesn't seem to cause a problem otherwise. Seems to work for me!

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure if you got this sorted out, but I have this set up. It just requires a little trick.
In camera settings, trigger > Artificial Intelligence, you can see the "to confirm," "to cancel," and "custom models" input boxes. These can be configured on a per-profile basis.
But here is the problem. When you have custom models enabled in the general settings > AI tab, it defaults all cameras, all profiles, to use all custom models in your custom models folder, except when specific models are specified in the custom models input box, separated by a semicolon. Like you, I didn't want the dark model running during the day, and I don't have any other custom models, so I have my day profile "tricked" into not using any custom profiles, by only putting a semicolon in the custom models box of my day profile. That way, it seems to break from the "use all custom models" into the "use only specified models," of which there are none listed, and the semicolon doesn't seem to cause a problem otherwise. Seems to work for me!
Thanks for the info and sorry I did not follow my original post up. I managed to get this running by simply adding a non existent profile name to the 'custom models' which essentially is what the semicolon does. Also during the day I just enter 'objects' in the custom models and this runs only the default model.

On a side note I actually created a custom model for night because the ExDark wasn't working well for my setup, also it was heavy on CPU usage, my basic custom model is working pretty well after some training with around 50 images. I recommend training your own custom model if the ExDark isn't working out.

Also in theory if you enter objects:0,dark in the 'custom models' box it will not use the standard objects model but will use the dark (ExDark) model! in theory! this works on at least one of my cameras. Basically the colon and zero after the profile turn it off or ignore it. See below:

1629747982660.png

I have also been making use of the percentage before confirming in the 'To confirm' box as below:

1629748213739.png

The above setting ignores my custom model and uses only the default, triggering when a person is confirmed at 51% or above, bicycle and bird will confirm at any percentage above my minimum threshold which is 1% on that camera. Hope that makes sense, it works for me and I tweak them as days go by. No doubt all this will change when I install awaited graphics card, hopefully for the better :wow: - shall report back as soon as installed and tested.

Appreciate the response, very helpful and will no doubt be useful for others also :clap: :)

Last edited: