License for Re-install

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did a full windows 10 reset and re-installed blue iris. Now, I'm having some problems inputting my license key.

I tried to use the license key from the last time I renewed blue iris (last month). Here's the error message I received.

Maintenance and Support Key Sanatized.jpg

Since that didn't work, I found the license key that was given to me when I upgraded from BI4 to BI5. That worked. But, when I restart blue iris, it gives me this error, and I'm back to step one needing to register blue iris again.

Unable to copy registry key to complete import.jpg

I think it may have something to do with not deregistering before I re-installed windows, but I'm not sure. I have an email in to support, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe you need your original key, not upgrades or maintenance keys.
Also, note that sometimes you need to manually type it in, and not copy and paste.
When you find the key, print it out on a label, and stick it to your BI pc.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just tried it and and manually entering it with same result. Thanks for the suggestion though.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Emailed support a couple days ago and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Usually it only takes a day or so.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Not too sure but it looks like it might be trying to import existing settings in first start?

Have a look within the folder where BI is installed, maybe a screenshot of the folder?