Lawn mowers

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The prior owners to our house left us an old Troybuilt push mower. Which was fine, but I replaced with a similar Honda mower in the OP maybe 6 years ago now. The only thing I really do to it is put fuel in it. I always treat my mower/blower fuel so I don't really even worry about winterizing it.

I LOVE my Dewalt trimmer, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, etc. But I'm not ready to go there on a mower. IF I do decide to go electric mower, I'll probably get one of the self-mower roomba like thing.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We have over an acre to mow - rough, bumpy, hilly, with slopes up to 45 degrees or so. First year we had a lawn service mowing it with Scag zero turns and walk behinds - these are not "push" mowers, but commercial zero turns without a seat, basically. We got a Scag Liberty Z with 52" deck. It tackles 99% of the grass, leaving only the steepest sections to mow with a push mower. The thing is great, heavy duty, and leaves a great cut. Price was reasonable compared to what the big box stores had for mid level ZTs, but has a highly qualified service center 45 minutes away.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mowed the front and back yard last night and was barely even tired when done! What a huge difference! And again, not one bag of grass did I have...all of it mulched! Absolutely amazing! Love this mower! Well done Toro!
I think if my Snapper ever Snaps :), I will go Toro...

Last edited: