Lawmakers say Costco’s decision to continue selling banned China surveillance tech (Lorex) is ‘puzzling’

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up...I have no concerns about using Lorex products.

Congress Probes ADI & Costco Over Selling Dahua and Hikvision

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This comes about when people, including the "lawmakers", don't read the regulations themselves before either passing another law or opening their collective mouths to comment, revealing their stupidity and lack of understanding.

Reading is a physical activity......comprehending is something else entirely.:headbang:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up...I have no concerns about using Lorex products.

Congress Probes ADI & Costco Over Selling Dahua and Hikvision

As if our officials don't have more important things to do....:facepalm::screwy:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Congress is out of control.

I know the FCC created a new regulation in late 2022 that effectively prevents new models from being imported/sold into the US, but it did not apply to any models already approved by the FCC. I would be shocked if these Lorex "kits" aren't grandfathered under the regulation. I have to wonder if the members of Congress ever read or understand the laws they pass or the regulations being put into force by other various government entities?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that Dahua sold Lorex in November 2022, so at some point the existing inventory will be gone and moving forward the cameras will be non-Dahua and made by Skywatch. Granted new stuff probably hasn't hit the market yet, but it will.

mike32162

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of those Bastards in Washington D.C. are not dumb, they for the most part, are thieving lairs.
Correct. I will take a job mopping floors in Congress just to be privy to their info. Pelosi (D) or Tommy Tubberville (R) would be my top 2 choices. I'm impartial to party, but would prefer the expert tutelage of TT,

Although Pelosi is able to trade options with such precision she beats out hedge funds, Tubberville has mastered the craft, selling options premiums which he knows will expire worthless (in essence, he is the bookie taking retail puts and calls bets), and best of all... daytrading corn and cattle futures and always getting it right. I don't suppose his seat on the Agricultural Committee has anything to do with his profound success.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Correct. I will take a job mopping floors in Congress just to be privy to their info. Pelosi (D) or Tommy Tubberville (R) would be my top 2 choices. I'm impartial to party, but would prefer the expert tutelage of TT,

Although Pelosi is able to trade options with such precision she beats out hedge funds, Tubberville has mastered the craft, selling options premiums which he knows will expire worthless (in essence, he is the bookie taking retail puts and calls bets), and best of all... daytrading corn and cattle futures and always getting it right. I don't suppose his seat on the Agricultural Committee has anything to do with his profound success.
At least he's against taxpayers funding abortions for the military. I just wish he could campaign against it in a different manner.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I will guess they will use Chinese image sensors as they have been working hard in that line.