LAView Halo one - can IP be fixed/static or do I need another brand?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had a LAView Halo One doorbell for many months and like it but the darn thing occasionally changes IP for no reason I can think of.
I've even tried associating it's MAC address with an IP address so it's always available to Blue Iris but that doesn't seem to work consistently.
Would like to know if there is a way to get into the firmware to set a fixed IP, or is there another brand that is also compatible with BI that allows this?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a LAView Halo One doorbell for many months and like it but the darn thing occasionally changes IP for no reason I can think of.
I've even tried associating it's MAC address with an IP address so it's always available to Blue Iris but that doesn't seem to work consistently.
Would like to know if there is a way to get into the firmware to set a fixed IP, or is there another brand that is also compatible with BI that allows this?

Hi @marklyn

I suspect this is a Hikvision OEM video doorbell camera product

What IP address does the Halo One want to default to?

If this is a Hikvision OEM product, perhaps a firmware update may fix the stability issues?

In general many member have been able to get Hikvision IP cameras and video doorbells to work with Blue Iris ..

1623383840747.png

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe it is a Hikvision OEM product and it wants to default to another IP in my DHCP range so it's never the same.
I have the latest software from LAview but will see if Hikvision has something newer.