large junction boxes

eyeflyman

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently I am mounting my cameras under soffit with waterproof electrical junction boxes as they are just about the perfect size for most of these IP turrets. However, I ordered some annke c800 cameras and the base is massive - 5" diameter. I have not been able to find a junction box large enough to hold them. Anyone else familiar with these and how are you mounting them? I am considering attaching the cameras to aluminum strips and nailing them up, but I prefer the conduit boxes as they provide an area to keep the cables tucked away and protected.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow...why in the world would anyone make a camera, especially a turret or dome, that has no readily available junction box?

Anyway, consider this Dahua box adapter==>> DH-PFA200G DATASHEET

It's 6" in dia. and although indoor-rated, since you'll be under your soffit, you might get it to fit a more common round and shallow box, then use outdoor-rated silicone caulk in strategic places.

Dahua_2x3_adapter.png

eyeflyman

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you, although I found out annke is essentially hikvision, so I might see if they have one that fits directly.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thank you, although I found out annke is essentially hikvision, so I might see if they have one that fits directly.
Yes, it may be a # DS-1280ZJ-DM55, which is 155mm / 6" in diameter and VERY expensive, IMO.
Amazon has it here for $30...yikes!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I am very much struggling with this right now. DS-1280ZJ-DM55 and PFA130-E do not have enough room to comfortably store the poe connection and camera tail and are an absolute pain to mount large turret cameras while on top of a ladder because you can't premount or prewire anything due to how large the camera base it, it covers all the access holes to mount to junction box plate so it must be done in order while up on the ladder. Specifically this camera, DHI-TPC-DF1241-S2

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got my DF1241 to fit on a PFA130-1 but it sucks as much as the camera so far. Maybe try a PFA122
Pfa121 and pfa122 share the same base .. and have more room than other junction boxes .. so they now are my preferred option for surface mounted junction boxes