LAN Remote control software recommendation

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for remote control of the BI machine from another machine on my internal network. I am not worried about Internet access, just tired of running from machine to machine since I don't have Internet access on the BI machine. I was using MS RDP, but on Windows 10 Pro, only 1 session is allowed so it logs off the console, and I would like to keep it up since right now I am using it to view cameras and play Alert sounds.

I need something that does not need to connect to the cloud since the BI machine has not internet connection..

I tried TeamViewer, but it seemed to push the processor usage pretty high - it might have been something else doing that, but when I didn't have TeamViewer running I didn't see the same thing.

Thanks,

Eric

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If performance suffers while Blue Iris is showing video during a remote session, you can long-press the pause button in the upper right of the video area to pause the video. Or in some cases it is sufficient to just reduce the size of the Blue Iris window, or cover up the video with another window while you are connected.