Lagging Video on Android App

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m having issues with the BI Android App on tablets. On my Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phones running Android 5.0, everything seems to work fine. However, on my two tablets (Samsung Tab 4 7.0 and Acer A1-810) both with Android 4.2, video lags when viewing single cameras full screen. If I pull up the same camera on both my cell phone and a tablet, the video on the tablet will start to lag, as evidenced by the time stamp overlay. The lag will continue to get bigger and bigger. The time will not catch up until I move to another camera and then back to that camera, then the lag will start all over. All cameras Live View is not affected – timestamps on all 9 of my cameras are in sync. Android app version is 2.0.25 on all devices, and they are all connected to the same wifi network with strong signals. I’ve tried different LAN and WAN encoder profiles but that doesn’t do anything. All of my profiles are CBR 1024, gop 300, with bframe 0 or 2. I don’t know how to change that. On the PC, the first profile is 1024, but the other two are 512, but I can’t select that from the Android app.

Also, it seems to impact my Hikvision cameras more than others, although since it is streaming from the PC to the tablet, I wouldn’t think the camera type would matter. I’ve restarted the PC app and both tablets but that had no effect. Since we often monitor live video, we really can’t have this progressively lengthening lag.

It seems like this issue has only arisen in the past few days. I’m not sure which version of the Android app was the last to work fine, but this is a new problem and I have made NO configuration changes to my camera or PC setup. I also just upgraded PC app to 4.2.9.0 and that did not fix anything.

I've emailed BI Support but thought I'd also post here for any advice.

Thanks.