Konx doorbell password

odie77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have an older doorbell (looking like a Konx KW01) that was working fine with the eBell app, until the phone with the app died. Now I'm trying to get the bell back to work, but I'm unable to find out the password. I dug up the manual, but that specifies the bell should be found when searching, which is not the case. Doing a reset of the bell doesn't seem to make a difference.

I also looked for other apps and with the CMSClient software or YooSee app, the bell is indeed recognized. However, the password is not accepted when I try to add it... There's a QR at the back of the bell, which allows me to add it into eBell, but again it asks for a password. I tried a whole bunch of "default" passwords like 123, 123465789, 888888, ... but none seems to be accepted. I think once I saw another default password mentioned by a user, but can't remember it and I'm not even sure it was for my bell as my father has a similar (but slightly different) one. Does anyone have an idea how I could force the bell to be managed again?

Cheers