Knocking sound when viewing Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

pilotg22

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this knocking sound when viewing the camera and playback? The cam is running firmware 5.1 and i just noticed i cannot successfully format the memory card. I'm going to update the firmware and buy a new card in a day or two.

Could it be interference from an electrical device?

Quick sample of the sound - https://vid.me/qBKv

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this knocking sound when viewing the camera and playback? The cam is running firmware 5.1 and i just noticed i cannot successfully format the memory card. I'm going to update the firmware and buy a new card in a day or two.

Could it be interference from an electrical device?

Quick sample of the sound - https://vid.me/qBKv
Welcome to the forum. I have never seen this complaint about the camera. What are you using to power the camera?
Have you tried the camera in a different location?

pilotg22

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have never seen this complaint about the camera. What are you using to power the camera?
Have you tried the camera in a different location?
Thank you.

Yeah, i have searched the web and not come across anything related to this either. It's a single camera powered by a PoE TPLink injector (which is exactly the same as my setup) but here is the part which could be causing the issue(?) then plugged into a remote controlled on/off power socket and i did wonder if that could be causing the sound. I'm waiting to hear back if the sound is gone minus the remote socket...

I set it up for an elderly relative and am in another country for now so troubleshooting is limited to say the least!

Last edited by a moderator:

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try changing the Audio Encoding under Configuration>Video/Audio/Audio and see if that makes any difference.
I had something similar happen on one of my cameras until I changed the Audio Encoding. The setting I'm using on my 2432F cameras is G.711ulaw.

pilotg22

n3wb
Reaction score
Try changing the Audio Encoding under Configuration>Video/Audio/Audio and see if that makes any difference.
I had something similar happen on one of my cameras until I changed the Audio Encoding. The setting I'm using on my 2432F cameras is G.711ulaw.
Thanks, i should have mentioned i tried this. Adjusting the mic volume increases and decreases the volume of the noise (yes i'm pulling at straws here) yet the room the camera is in is dead silent.

I'm hoping to update the firmware this week and chat about routing another cable to the camera along a different path. Will report back.

Any other ideas please let me know!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, i should have mentioned i tried this. Adjusting the mic volume increases and decreases the volume of the noise (yes i'm pulling at straws here) yet the room the camera is in is dead silent.

I'm hoping to update the firmware this week and chat about routing another cable to the camera along a different path. Will report back.

Any other ideas please let me know!
Do NOT upgrade the firmware if you purchased this camera from china or from US vendors selling china region cameras. It will brick. Your issue is not firmware related.

pilotg22

n3wb
Reaction score
Do NOT upgrade the firmware if you purchased this camera from china or from US vendors selling china region cameras. It will brick. Your issue is not firmware related.
Thanks for the warning, but it's an English cam bought from a UK distributor so all good. Actually saying that i just updated my firmware (cam from same source) and altho' all appears fine i cannot get the wifi connection to work - anyway i'm sure i can sort that. This mic issue on the other cam has me baffled!