Keeping older Alerts

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello

I am trying to keep clips and alerts up to 30 days old. I seem to have been successful keeping the clips around, but it's only maintaining alerts up to a week old before they are deleted. Is there a setting somewhere to change how long alerts are kept?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

I am trying to keep clips and alerts up to 30 days old. I seem to have been successful keeping the clips around, but it's only maintaining alerts up to a week old before they are deleted. Is there a setting somewhere to change how long alerts are kept?
Alerts are just pointers to clips...unless you are also saving high res alert photos (clips archiving> alerts folder)..

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alerts are pointers within clips. So I lose this index past 1 week. You would think that if I have a month worth of video clip history it would keep the associated Alerts for these clips as well?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alerts are pointers within clips. So I lose this index past 1 week. You would think that if I have a month worth of video clip history it would keep the associated Alerts for these clips as well?
Are you only seeing one week on the mobile app or on the server as well.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On both.

On the server, if I click on the Calendar on the timeline at the bottom of the screen I see all the dates light up. However if I click on a date past about a week, there are no Alerts. I only see the solid bars where video was recorded.

The Alert history seems to be shorter when there are lots of alerts, so maybe there's a hard limit on how many alerts that can be stored?

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just been wondering the exact same thing re the alerts on the timeline.

After my setup, I've got it to set and keep footage for 25 days. Anything prior to the 12th of March at the moment the alert symbol is gone.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I sent Ken a message about this. I'll see what he has to say.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My alerts are available as long as the clips are present. I have some going back to 2015 on the system I just checked.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I presume you have a lot of alerts as well? I probably have on average on about every 5 minutes.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to BlueIris support, they pointed me to the setting which limits the age of Alerts. I had no idea it existed...

It's under Options->Clips and archiving->Folders. Check the settings for the Alerts folder. My alerts were limited to 7 days.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to BlueIris support, they pointed me to the setting which limits the age of Alerts. I had no idea it existed...

It's under Options->Clips and archiving->Folders. Check the settings for the Alerts folder. My alerts were limited to 7 days.
In theory this should not affect the low res alerts alerts saved in the database...the only alert files saved in the alert folder are high res alert files if you select that option in the record tab. Have you tested it to confirm?

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have high rez alerts selected. I just unchecked the age limit on this folder today. I'll know by tomorrow or the next if my alerts stop disappearing. I'll let you know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have high rez alerts selected. I just unchecked the age limit on this folder today. I'll know by tomorrow or the next if my alerts stop disappearing. I'll let you know.
That would explain it..

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still weird as you pointed out though, how this would affect the database store for the alerts...

If I didn't have high rez alerts selected, what would be limiting the alert database size/age?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still weird as you pointed out though, how this would affect the database store for the alerts...

If I didn't have high rez alerts selected, what would be limiting the alert database size/age?
im assuming that when you select hi res it doesnt save another image in the database...im just guessing..alternatively the setting in clips and archiving possibly applies to both the database and the alert folder.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I seem to have more than a week of alerts now. It seems to have fixed my issue so far.