Just what I needed...,.

Reaction score
A real forum/message board that has good conversation and the topic I've been trying to understand and learn more about for over a decade, Internet Protocol Cameras. While I used to be fairly tech and knowledgeable and could see the IMO the direction of the cam future. But man oh man , I struggle to understand networking LAN and my researching efforts per google had not been easy.....and the keywords seem flooded to the point I'm finding best of info 4 + pages deep. Yes I found ipcamtalk while struggling on resolving a problem I've been struggling to resolve but I'm not here just for tech support I genuinely enjoy captures , live views etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys I deleted most of all that, I edited it fixing it then hit back space and lost all I ld fixed, so easier to delete

The first time typing I also hit backspace on accident (common habit for me lol)but it saved a draft, which is another awesome and something I haven't seen outside of ISP emails.

I will post everything I delete eventually,....

2 quick tech questions:

1. IP cam preferably wifi/psu I can setup via Obs or whatever with droid no capture card etc .... I want it to essentially be a webcam Ip66 or better? 60$ ish.

I'm on a shoe string budget, without the shoestrings....smh

2. Can I even use this Merkury Inn. / Geeni 1080p cam and broadcast It via stream labs,tineycam ,ip webcam etc...been beating myself up trying 2 days now....a lengthy reply isn't necessary just will that cam software or firmware rather even do it?
I just need to get a decent cam up, I mean I've got 2 , on their own software.,.but I'd like a true ip cam not these types I got , you know where one mans chigger is some woman's "spirit orb'

Cheers KW

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm only guessing but I did look up the Geeni 1080p. Given it uses a QR code it looks like a cloud based style service. Nowhere do they mention RTSP or ONVIF which are keys for using third party viewing apps.

Here are two, decent, wireless cameras that might do a better job for you and are PT as well. Neither need a QR code to activate and are ONVIF and RTSP -

Keep in mind that generally speaking WiFi and security cameras are mutually exclusive terms. WiFi is not designed to handle the constant stream that live video requires. One or two cameras on 2.4GHz should work OK, but be aware, and expect, dropouts to happen with varying frequency based on channel loading.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I thought so too , bout the cam being cloud /micro sd but here's onvif app "discovery " then error and tinycaM has it as Onvif camera....I want to say it's A guys? And Ive seen a conversations whilst researching where they were successful......wow this forum software is the nicest and smoothest I've ever seen.

Attachments

Reaction score
Sebastian I just ordered the Amcrest 4mp Ultra Hd you linked me to above , I didn't see it wasnt ip66 or higher but let me tell you all my cameras have been indoor rated the last ptz was freebie YCC365 PLUS , got it free cleaning out auctioned storage unit it worked well until I decided to try and modify it smh.....

So I will use some marine 5200 and make my own rating IP-ME....I'd hoped to get ip68 or so but at my budget level I think I will come out good with higher quality guts than having a thicker shell....its a wildlife cam 40 yds from my door , this YT channel is mine , hit videos and you'll see my "critters" and thats what I was hoping to accomplish was a live feed on them,

Now , I do capture some oddities , and this .20 clip from a "momentum cori 720p" in the clip this clip it appears spores dust , odd light n variable winds combined to what you all see...a uplift wind forms a column then appear s to form a large ring, halo ,wheel and rolls off into the woods lol.....,..it's raw footage and s loathe hoaxers but tbh to me it's not very strange and explainable based of other clips before and after this one....BUT this British tv show "Strange Evidence" filmed here discuss it and air this season, idk what episode yet...

The ring

I told them I have way more unusual clips but they just used the one above

I will let y'all pick it apart,. And I got all the rods, chiggers aka or spirit orbs but it's the things I can't explsy that are the gooduns.

But for scale that is a purple martin house 25 ft on the pole,.

I will share what it is after a couple days, well my semi confident guess

Cam will be here Friday.

One question, Im curious about is running on dual band , I my 5 g is exclusively for gaming
2.4 is cams , rokus etc...

Cheers

Thanks for your help,

I know to most here it's not a big deal

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure if you can specify which band but I suspect you can simply by assigning a valid IP address and channel to the band you want to use. Amcrest is relabeled Dahua and the direct interface for the camera should give you the level of control to specify which band gets used. 5GHz doesn't have the "penetration" for obstacles that 2.4GHz does so 2.4 is a good choice in a case like this. The camera isn't weatherproof, but a number of people have used them in outdoor environments but shielded from direct rain/snow. YMMV in that respect.

As far as the mystery video, to me it looks almost like a hose, not being held, and spraying something. The only thing I can relate that to would be some animal, or insect, spraying scent for some reason.

Reaction score
Dang it lost another reply to backspace or recents button I reckon I should use gestutes.

Others have guessed that as well, but I mirrored it cast it to 55" Vizio to show gravity didnt favor that hunch.

Idk , I mean one reddit "split yer bands up " next reddit use the dual frequency , the 5 wouldnt reach where the cam is , but I'f i set it up It may be can use whatever band my phone is on etc ....no worriese

Reaction score
I have a clip 40mins after this one , it's odd as well but we wouldn't see any of it without IR, I THINK? not with the naked eye ,bas in the ring clip, we wouldn't have seen any of it either......it's entertainment Is all ...I will share the other clip eventually it justifies my unusual wind currents it's more cyclonic (if that's a word)

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure if you can specify which band but I suspect you can simply by assigning a valid IP address and channel to the band you want to use. Amcrest is relabeled Dahua and the direct interface for the camera should give you the level of control to specify which band gets used. 5GHz doesn't have the "penetration" for obstacles that 2.4GHz does so 2.4 is a good choice in a case like this. The camera isn't weatherproof, but a number of people have used them in outdoor environments but shielded from direct rain/snow. YMMV in that respect.

As far as the mystery video, to me it looks almost like a hose, not being held, and spraying something. The only thing I can relate that to would be some animal, or insect, spraying scent for some reason.
Right, do you run this camera, (4mp you linked me to)or any amcrest cam with higher specs? I was curious what band it selects for you.

Do you even have to dual band router/modem combo to use it,? I'd think w 2.4 ghz solo band would be priority or the bread and butter for any wifi device. Id have to use extenders If I could only assign to 5,ghz.....

I'm fixing to see if I can dwld the manual, from the customer ratings and reviews last night it sound like you selected a fine ip cam for my budget , bang for the buck etc......great reviews .. Thank you

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the 2MP version and run it wired. I use an Asus RT68U router that has dual bands and it did connect at 2.4 initially, then switched to 5 until I shut off WiFi in the camera if that helps. The Asus router works well. This laptop connects at 1300MbPS routinely using a Netgear A7000. The A7000 is a little big, but works very well.