Getting comfortable
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You would be much better off with the 1080p starlight turret discussed in the dahua section...
Understood, but I'm trying to control the perimeter & buildings on a 4 acre yard. I bought the 2 cameras to compare 2MP to 4 MP, and have IVS and other features. Hopefully the prices will go down eventually. I'll need 16 cameras at some point, and 16 X $ 170 is a little too much for me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Understood, but I'm trying to control the perimeter & buildings on a 4 acre yard. I bought the 2 cameras to compare 2MP to 4 MP, and have IVS and other features. Hopefully the prices will go down eventually. I'll need 16 cameras at some point, and 16 X $ 170 is a little too much for me.
There is a significant difference between the night vision of these cameras....there are other benefits such as sd card slot (not on the cheap 65 dollar camera)...there is very little difference between the 2 and 4mp cams with respect to day image quality and in fact, in many instances depending on the level of varifocal used you can get a better pixel per inch count on the 1080p than on a fixed camera...125 vs 170 is nothing..even at 16 units...when the day comes that you need the footage you will quickly see that it is silly to skimp when the price difference is this minimal.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a significant difference between the night vision of these cameras....there are other benefits such as sd card slot (not on the cheap 65 dollar camera)...there is very little difference between the 2 and 4mp cams with respect to day image quality and in fact, in many instances depending on the level of varifocal used you can get a better pixel per inch count on the 1080p than on a fixed camera...125 vs 170 is nothing..even at 16 units...when the day comes that you need the footage you will quickly see that it is silly to skimp when the price difference is this minimal.
Silly? My we're starting off right...

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you don't like the free advice you are getting here don't let the door hit you on the way out...
It's kind of like church...I don't let one experience with one person make me leave a group. If I don't like the advice from one member that might be hawking a certain model, I can certainly ignore it. You don't know my goals, my finances, anything about me. I'm not about to pop 16 cameras of one model up immediately based on one person's advice. I never said your camera was terrible. If you don't understand "eventually" and "at some point" I can't do anything about that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's kind of like church...I don't let one experience with one person make me leave a group. If I don't like the advice from one member that might be hawking a certain model, I can certainly ignore it. You don't know my goals, my finances, anything about me. I'm not about to pop 16 cameras of one model up immediately based on one person's advice. I never said your camera was terrible. If you don't understand "eventually" and "at some point" I can't do anything about that.
It's not MY camera...you are a newbie with zero experience..you will learn the hard way with the loss of money... particularly with the 40 dollar camera you intend to buy, the Chinese love cheap suckers like you....