iVMS 4200 client software

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI, we're using the iVMS4200 Client Software on Windows 7 64bit Pc clients. When I setup a user and they log onto the software they can't "Exit" or close the software. We're getting this message: The User has no shutting down permission. Does anyone know how to fix this? We're new to HIK Vision security systems and their software. We're running HIK Vision DS-9632NI-ST NVR. Thanks, Brad

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to add a permission type of quitting iVMs-4200 to the user account, now an operator without permission of quitting cannot exit iVMS-4200.
See Other, item (3) at the link below:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01 Video Management Software/00 iVMS4200/Hikvision iVMS-4200 V2.02.00.04 (Windows, English)/&file=iVMS-4200 V2.02.00.04 Release Notes.pdf

Don
I should have been more specific:
We're using iVMS4200 v2.00.08.50, you sent me Release Notes for v2.02.00.04, which appears to be a "European" version. Is that different from the US version?

When I go to HIK Vision (US) the only client download available is the version I have (2.00.08.50). I don't see a way to update the software, within the software. I don't see any updates on their website either.
Is there a difference between the US version and the European version?

Thanks UberOverLord for the reply.
Brad

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A BIG Thank you to UberOverLord!

I will download and try that out. I believe in keeping updated also, just didn't know there was another version out there.

Thanks again,
Brad

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
TheUberOverLord,

Thanks again for your assistance; I'm still working on the newer version of the client software.
It works on one machine but not another, so I've got some trial and error to do.

Another question;
When using the Client Software-iVMS4200; > Device Management > Server Tab; on the lower half of the screen where all my cameras are listed, there's a "Modify Netinfo" button.
If I hi-light a specific camera and click the "Modify Netinfo" button and modify the netinfo, in particular, "add" the default gateway because it's blank (0.0.0.0), how is that going to affect the communication between that camera and the NVR?

I have two LAN IP addrs with a router so that both LANs can talk to each other; right now the second LAN (that doesn't share the same subnet as the cameras) can't see the individual cameras. The can access them via the NVR or the Client Software (iVMS4200).

Part of my problem is this; we can only have 32 users registered to the NVR and we have more people I'd like to give access to an individual camera via a browser / IP address.

I'm thinking if I assign the correct "default" gateway to the camera(s), the other LAN subnet should be able to see them but I don't want to affect the cameras communications with the NVR.

Am I making sense, do you understand what I'm trying to do?

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are very welcome.

Yes. I understand what you are trying to do. With these newer iVMS versions you can have a maximum of 50 different user accounts per iVMS system. Not sure how many you need.

I have not changed Netinfo while using a NVR ("Don't have/use a NVR") so I can't emulate your environment for testing and have no suggestions other than to say try it and set it back if it fails.

You can find a .pdf users manual for the iVMS version installed in the program files folder for your Windows system in the iVMS folder as well as under you Windows "All Programs" on your desktop there is a link to the iVMS users manual and there is a log subfolder in the iVMS folder in your Windows program files folder. Which has client log data in plain text that maybe helpful to review to try and determine why the install is failing on one system and not the other.

I do know that there are some 64 bit Windows enhancements in the newer iVMS English version shown below.

As far as the system that's failing. There are newer versions of iVMS available that incorporate the blending of admin permissions on the somewhat older version of iVMS you are using. So you could try the newer iVMS version on the current system that is failing if you wish.

There are currently two newer versions of iVMS newer than iVMS v2.02.00.04. One is a multi-language release and the other an English release.

Note: IMHO, if you don't need multiple languages. I'd use the English release since it also a newer release than the multi-language release. Also, the English release simply has a "Quit" permission that you can assign to a user account at user account creation or modification time.

More details:

Hikvision iVMS-4200 v2.02.03.03 (Windows, multi-language)

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1440

Hikvision iVMS-4200 v2.03.00.05 (Windows, English)

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1462

Don
Thanks again UberOverLord for your advise and assistance.

I had contacted HIKVision also, their first response was the usual "canned" response; 'it's a permission setting' ... here's the manual.
Well as I explained in my first post, my version of the software didn't have that 'permission' AND it wasn't listed in the manual either.

Since then, they have gotten back with me with a more personal response and what seems to be a fix; the newest iVMS4200 version, with added features.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.html

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.htmlhttp://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.htmlI have a small number of our sales force installed and the software is working.

Since we're (I'm) new to security cameras (IP Cams); what is the recommended network equipment to have?
We're experiencing slow refresh rates on the camera views, especially during peak business hours. We installed 28 cameras, one NVR; most people / clients have access to 4 cameras at a time for their respected lot coverage. I've noticed after hours it works quite well.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

brad

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
TheUberOverLord,
You've been more help and better than the manufacture.