Issue with Foscam R2 using BI4

chamdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using BI4 for several months with a variety of camera brands (Foscam, Amcrest and Hikvision) and models. I have not had any problems that I have not been able to get the cameras to work well, until now. I just bought another Foscam FI9831P and an R2. I have several 98XX units that I configured both wired and wireless without issue. However the R2 does not seem to want to work with BI4. I configured it just like the other Foscams using their equipment search tool and the in-camera interface. Everything functions great using their interface, the picture is perfect and all PTZ functions work appropriately. However when I add the camera to BI it pixellates(?) badly across the top and then begins to show ghosts, once you move the PTZ it just freezes up. I have tried all different resolutions, fps, bit rate, etc with no success. BI shows the Foscam R2 in the drop down list under the configure button under the Video tab so I use this as the model. Is there some trick or band aid to get the R2 to work with all my other cameras. I have updated the firmware to the latest as well as the latest BI updates. My system is pretty strong using an intel i7, 16 GB Ram and my cpu utilization is under 30% even with 10 cameras running. I use Direct-to-Disk on all cameras. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Chamdaddy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using BI4 for several months with a variety of camera brands (Foscam, Amcrest and Hikvision) and models. I have not had any problems that I have not been able to get the cameras to work well, until now. I just bought another Foscam FI9831P and an R2. I have several 98XX units that I configured both wired and wireless without issue. However the R2 does not seem to want to work with BI4. I configured it just like the other Foscams using their equipment search tool and the in-camera interface. Everything functions great using their interface, the picture is perfect and all PTZ functions work appropriately. However when I add the camera to BI it pixellates(?) badly across the top and then begins to show ghosts, once you move the PTZ it just freezes up. I have tried all different resolutions, fps, bit rate, etc with no success. BI shows the Foscam R2 in the drop down list under the configure button under the Video tab so I use this as the model. Is there some trick or band aid to get the R2 to work with all my other cameras. I have updated the firmware to the latest as well as the latest BI updates. My system is pretty strong using an intel i7, 16 GB Ram and my cpu utilization is under 30% even with 10 cameras running. I use Direct-to-Disk on all cameras. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Chamdaddy
First and foremost, foscam is crap, so you are best returning them. Second, make sure the iframe interval matches the fps...in blue iris try increasing the receive buffer to 20mb in the video>configuration tab...Post screenshots of your video configuration settings in blue iris as well as in the camera.

chamdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I did what you suggested and it did not seem to change anything. Once I begin to pan the room, the picture freezes and does not repaint with the new landscape, it does however show ghosts of the new panned location. Attached are some of the setting from BI and the Foscam interface. I hope the screen prints are viewable. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did what you suggested and it did not seem to change anything. Once I begin to pan the room, the picture freezes and does not repaint with the new landscape, it does however show ghosts of the new panned location. Attached are some of the setting from BI and the Foscam interface. I hope the screen prints are viewable. Thank you.

The images are not viewable...try adding them as attachments in the "go advanced" view..

chamdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I could not find hardware acceleration anywhere, BUT I changed the "Hardware decoding" in BI from Default to No and it is working perfect now. Thanks for getting me on the right track. You da man!:applouse:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I could not find hardware acceleration anywhere, BUT I changed the "Hardware decoding" in BI from Default to No and it is working perfect now. Thanks for getting me on the right track. You da man!:applouse:
Hardware decoding is the hardware acceleration...