Ispy on camera keeps disconnecting reconnecting

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 5 cameras and they will connect and disconnect on I spy. on the app is show connected. I dont know what to do ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you using WIFI cameras or are they hardwired to the network via Ethernet cables.
Does the video traffic run through the router ?
What is the FPS and Iframe values on the 5 cameras.
What are you running ISPY on ?

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
Wifi Cameras yes it goes through the router. frame rate is sporadic it goes from 10 to 1.5 and back you 10. windows 10 . SPEED TEST IS 24 MBS OUT OF 25 MBS. and I can not get the sound to come out on Ispy. it shows its picking up sound but not playing sound on Ispy

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you have the wifi network overloaded.

============================
I have posted this before.
I did a wifi test a while back with multiple 2MP cameras each camera was set to VBR, 15 FPS, 15 Iframe, 3072kbs, h.264. Using a wifi analyzer I selected the least busy channel (1,6,11) on the 2.4 GHZ band and set up a separate SSID and access point. With 3 cameras in direct line of sight of the AP about 25 feet away I was able to maintain a reasonable stable network with only intermittent signal drops from the cameras. Added a 4th camera and the network became totally unstable. Also add a lot of motion to the 3 cameras caused some more network instability. More data more instability.
The cameras are nearly continuously transmitting. So any lost packet causes a retry, which cause more traffic, which causes more lost packets.
Wifi does not have a flow control, or a token to transmit. So you devices transmit any time they want, more devices more collisions.

The problem is like standing in a room, with multiple people talking to you at the same time about different subjects. You need to answer each person or they repeat the question.

As a side note, it is very easy to jam a wifi network. Wifi is find for watching the bird feed but not for home surveillance and security.

For a 802.11G 2.4 GHZ wifi network the Theoretical Speed is 54Mbps (6.7MBs) real word speed is nearer to 10-29Mbps (1.25-3.6 MBs) for a single channel