Is this possible?

mt2525

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an office and 2 other buildings that are about 1500 feet apart. I have Internet at the office and a Ubiquiti Rocket radio/antenna connected to the router transmitting internet out to the buildings which are equipped with a nanostation m5 and a router at each building. What that means is that all 3 buildings are on the same network LAN. That all works well. Now I want to set up 2 cameras at the office and 1 each at the 2 buildings. The NVR will be located at the office and hooking up the 2 office cameras is straight forward. Here is the question......can a camera hooked up at each building and plugged into the router at each building be accessible to the office NVR? Basically I would be sending cam traffic from those 2 locations through the routers......or how can it be done?

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an office and 2 other buildings that are about 1500 feet apart. I have Internet at the office and a Ubiquiti Rocket radio/antenna connected to the router transmitting internet out to the buildings which are equipped with a nanostation m5 and a router at each building. What that means is that all 3 buildings are on the same network LAN. That all works well. Now I want to set up 2 cameras at the office and 1 each at the 2 buildings. The NVR will be located at the office and hooking up the 2 office cameras is straight forward. Here is the question......can a camera hooked up at each building and plugged into the router at each building be accessible to the office NVR? Basically I would be sending cam traffic from those 2 locations through the routers......or how can it be done?
Easiest way to tell.. Can you ping a device in the office from the buildings?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mt2525

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. Also looking for recommendation on which equipment to use. Ubiquiti is out because I need a dedicated monitor hooked to the NVR.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
This is exactly what those radios or nano stations are for. Plug in your cameras. Remember, IP cameras use up bandwidth. I think you can transmit 100 or 150 Mbps over the wireless connection. 2 cameras on each building isn't going to slow you down. I think most guys on this forum would say to use Dahua or Hikvision equipment, camera models will depend on your requirements and budget.

vlrjn

n3wb
Reaction score
If the cameras in the same network with the recorder - no obstacles

mt2525

n3wb
Reaction score
They will be on same network but the other problem may be the internet connection speed. It is DSL and because the location is rural the best speed they can get is 10 mps down and about 1 mps up. The office only has 1 computer used for e-mail and browsing, so not much use there. Do you think the LAN will support the 2 external cameras? Will remote viewing on phone will be a problem?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Your Lan is fine. Streaming one camera in HD off network will be fun. These DSL networks used to give us problems a few years back when we were streaming old 520tvl analog cameras. You might be able to stream one or two on your phone in HD, but your best bet is going to stream in sub-stream and record in a high definition main stream.

mt2525

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I plan on doing exactly that. Thanks to all for responding

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk