Is this possible with a Dahua NVR

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just placed an order with Andy for my cams and NVR. I have moved from Hikvision and i was able to access the cameras directly using the inbuilt POE of the NVR.

I had configured all the cameras with a static IP address on my network and had configured the NVR camera settings/channels to look for those IP address. I also had network connection going into one of the POE ports which allowed me access to these cams from the network.

Will this be possible with the Dahua NVR?

Thanks

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua NVR's POE segment is different than the network segment the NVR resides on. Unfortunately, they cannot have the same range. It will be possible with an external switch, and power supply to cams (midspan, POE injector or 12v power brick). The NVR will try and re-assign new IP's to 10.1.1.x when using the onboard POE ports, if I recall correctly. Haven't been around in a bit.

You could also use a laptop set to the IP segment of the POE range, and go in through an unused POE port to access and administer the cams their functions that aren't available thru the NVR.

SD

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What if my network was in the same range as the IP segment of the POE range?

Can we change this range assigned?

I am able to create vlans on switches and do inter-vlan routing via my firewall.

I guess this would be possible provided i have a connection to my switch on one of the POE ports?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That should work just fine.

Yes, it just cant be the same subnet as the network port.

I am able to create vlans on switches and do inter-vlan routing via my firewall.
That should work as well. Even though I have POE ports, I don't use them. I prefer the cams on my home segment, and vlan with managed switches. I just use the network port on the NVR5216. There are administrative features only available in the camera GUI's that aren't available through the NVR.

I guess this would be possible provided i have a connection to my switch on one of the POE ports?
Yep. The default Dahua subnet as stated is 10.1.1.x, but can be set to any range, as long as it's not the same range as the network port.

SD

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That should work just fine.

Yes, it just cant be the same subnet as the network port.

That should work as well. Even though I have POE ports, I don't use them. I prefer the cams on my home segment, and vlan with managed switches. I just use the network port on the NVR5216. There are administrative features only available in the camera GUI's that aren't available through the NVR.

Yep. The default Dahua subnet as stated is 10.1.1.x, but can be set to any range, as long as it's not the same range as the network port.

SD
Thanks for confirming, I will get the above working and probably use the spare POE switch I have.

I wanted to confirm if above would work as a backup in case I had issue with the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk