Is there a Blue Iris equivalent for Linux?

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why would you need to if you are blocking any access to the net. You vpn in to view your cams.
Interesting proposal.

Airgap a computer with a MS version of windows and install Blue Iris.

Only access it via VPN.

How would you implement secure updates from Blue Iris, especially if they (some time in the future) require a newer MS version of windows?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting proposal.

Airgap a computer with a MS version of windows and install Blue Iris.

Only access it via VPN.

How would you implement secure updates from Blue Iris, especially if they (some time in the future) require a newer MS version of windows?
You would manually download the update and install it... Blue Iris still runs on Windows 7 and the end of life for Windows 11 years away...
Regardless my point is simply about Windows.... I actually do not recommend Blue Iris for you.... Based on your posts I know for certain that regardless of the VMS you choose you will bitch about it.... So grab one of your Linux VMSs and enjoy

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You would manually download the update and install it... Blue Iris still runs on Windows 7 and the end of life for Windows 11 years away...
Regardless my point is simply about Windows.... I actually do not recommend Blue Iris for you.... Based on your posts I know for certain that regardless of the VMS you choose you will bitch about it.... So grab one of your Linux VMSs and enjoy
OK, cool.

I'm taking a hard look at Frigate on a dedicated pc.

Unless something changes in my understanding of features and performance - I'll load and test that once the pc arrives.

I sure appreciate the informed discussion here - it's the reason that my existing setup is working.