Is the QCN8026B (4MP Dahua rebadged) really this bad looking at night?

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep reading about how 4mp cams don't look as good at night as certain 2mp and 3mp cams.

Curious if this cam is really as bad as it looks at night in this video, or if maybe they had the sharpness turned down or something for this video.

Any one own this came (or the Dahua equivalent)?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's not that bad considering. It's too wide-angle, it's picking up headlights from down the road etc. I mean it's better than a lot of Hikvision 3MP ones. Proper camera lens and positioning will help.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have these cams (QCN8026B) which came as part of a Costco bundle. They are 4MP with 3.6 lens and are not too bad at night.

The video says it's a QCN8023B cam 3MP. It could be how You Tube compresses the video or how the guy uploaded it that makes it look not as good.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have these cams (QCN8026B) which came as part of a Costco bundle. They are 4MP with 3.6 lens and are not too bad at night.

The video says it's a QCN8023B cam 3MP. It could be how You Tube compresses the video or how the guy uploaded it that makes it look not as good.
Thanks. I see what happened. When I did the search, it caught the description in the video which mentions the QCN8026B.

"This is camera model QCN8023B purchased in the 2015 Costco Q-See NVR kit.
This camera is very similar to model QCN8026B."

So, that's good I guess. And the compression that was mentioned could have caused some of the dullness. Is it pretty sharp at night?

How do you like the 8026B compared to say one of the older Hikvision 3MP cameras? (Swann HD820 - Hik DS-2CD2032 relabels)

http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1444

Curious if anyone has done a good comparison of the 2 cameras.