Is it the network card or the switch?

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Recently added another camera to my system. It worked fine for a day, but now all the cameras can’t connect. I can access the ui3 and the blue iris app, but all the cameras say failed to connect. I did a reboot of the pc and unplugged/plugged the switch and it fixed itself, but about 12 hours later it’s back to unable to connect. Is my switch gone or the network card? Thanks.

edit: forgot to add error code 8000274c in blue iris app.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Either failing or can’t cope with the extra power draw.

I’ve got a Trendnet switch which on paper had more than enough power for the 8 cams plugged into it but the power overload light on the switch kept on illuminating so as a just in case I replaced it.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
disco the camera recently added, reboot switch. Determine if other cam feeds are restored.

As others have said, poe/switch issue current has the highest probability rating.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Run each camera on their own with no other camera plugged into the switch. Most likely its the switch..

Last edited:

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What switch?
It’s a Netgear gs116pp, rated for 183 watts. It’s got 9 cameras attached to it. I have 12 total but 3 are on a separate switch connected to this one. I ordered a new switch so may take some of the cameras off this one and see if that helps.