Is it only me or is everyone else constantly reconnecting to see streams?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ever since I installed this app 5 or 6 updates ago I've always had to sometimes back out and reconnect to the server or to camera live or alert clips 4 or 5 times. It happens at home on a very fast network or on the road with good signal strength. You load the app and the alert section in the app often enough the video preview windows are all black or showing that color bar code. When you connect to a camera stream its all black with no revolving arrows indicating its trying to connect, just nothing but a black screen. Is everyone else experiencing the same thing?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one. If that is the case then here are 2 videos showing what I am experiencing and maybe someone might have an idea to try. I've started a ticket with BI and Ken requested I make a video so I did and sent it to him and I'm going to post it here in hopes that someone might have an idea.
The Issue is when I'm not on my local lan the app is very buggy. I sometimes have to backup and reload a clip or a live feed 4 or 5 times for it to start. The UI3 browser works perfectly. I even tried running a VPN server and logging into it with my phone directly accessing the BI server on the local lan with no improvement. Ken suggested I make sure windows defender had an exemption for BI but I already had done this when I was having issues with the CPU loading. I uninstalled the app, cleared the cache and data and reinstalled it, no change. I'm open to suggestions.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've had that issue for sometime, a year maybe, and I'm using the old version still. I've told ken about it a couple of times, but nothing has changed.