IR on and IR off

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just installed a small 4 camera system today with Dahua 1.3 eyeballs. For newbies and even seniors, just thought I'd share a small comparison with IR's on and IR's off. The snapshots
were taken within a minute of each other

. Clipboard-6.jpg

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
here are the four cameras installed and it's 9:20pm. He has some good lighting here and there which keep most of them in color mode, but all in all, he was worried about not seeing at night since his
old analogs were not working well. He called me alittle while ago and thanked me for the impressive images. I told him not to thank me, but to thank the Chinese :)

Clipboard01-118.jpg

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman! These are cameras about 3 houses away from that house. It looks like I'll be doing alot of houses in this neighborhood cause these two guys are like the neighborhood mayors and they LOVE the way the cameras came out!

Clipboard01-119.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are nice too except for the bottom left that looks a bit blurred...Did you get your IPC-HDW4300C
turrets yet? Mine is showing accepted in china so it will still be a while...I ordered a 2.8mm version

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the bottom left is an analog camera he left in line. I think...

You know I continue to be super impressed with those 1.3 eyeballs. Very cost effective too. They look superb. I think I'll go with them on the sides of the house and save a bit of money. I'm actually really impressed you have so much wall in the one shot and it still doing really well for the whole shot. Nice man.

Last edited:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bottom left is actually 1.3mp. I do see it slightly blurry over the other cameras. It seems to me that there is enough light to force it to stay in color mode, but not enough for it to be a clear picture. I logged into the camera and turned it into night mode and it's very clear, but I think I'm going to leave it in color to match the other cameras. As for the one with the wall in it, I was worried about that one, but the guy did not want the entire neighbors property on his camera so while we were focusing it, we ended up with some wall. I told him if the IR's do not like it, than we need to move it. I think since the wall is far enough from the camera, it's not reflecting. My connection in China still has not received my turrets so I haven't even paid for them yet. I hate that it takes roughly a month to receive something once I place an order. I ordered four of them and the first 4 camera job that I get will be getting those four. If I think they look amazing, I'll probably order about 30 of them.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, if your buying cameras just for your house, go with all 3mp's. I use 1.3's cause I'm installing a whole system pretty much every weekend and probably in one year have purchased 200-400 cameras in a year one period. If I save 30-40.00 per camera times 400 cameras, thats a huge difference. But just a few cameras around your own personal house, why would you look to save a few bucks when you can have every camera at 3mp?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah true, that was my original thought too. But then you post not only great looking 1.3 shots, lol! Where it will show a compromise is in a full screen picture, I realize. They look great though, I must say! As soon as I can, I'll grab some day/night pics from the 4300C for you guys.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The reason I would personally chose the 3mp's is if something were to happen and you need to playback the recording, you will have a better chance of getting better detail if you need to digitally
zoom into something. Otherwise, on a computer or smartphone, there really is not a significant difference between 1.3 and 3mp unless you have a 2048x1536 resolution monitor.