iPhone PTZ apps are such a mess. Or does anyone have a recommendation? Also looking for Mac

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm setting up a camera at a friend's place, and she has an iPhone and Macbook. I'm striking out on finding her decent apps for both.

For iOS I used to use Live Cams Pro, but alas RIP. So I tried IPCams, which sort of works but it wants to charge $30/year for PTZ controls! I also tried iDMSS Plus, which I thought is what I used to use, but it has about the worst interface of any program I've ever seen. Anyone have a suggestion by chance? I'm trying to set this up for someone who isn't very techy so simplicity is the most important part. I wish good ol Tiny Cam Pro worked on iPhone.

And for Mac, I installed Glance, but that apparently doesn't support PTZ. Any tips for a decent IPCam viewer with PTZ for Mac? Currently using a web browser, which kind of sort of works but logs her out every 10 minutes and is laggy on her Mac.

Trying to control a Dahua PTZ camera if that's a factor.

I'm guessing this has come up before but the search feature seems to be broken.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how are you recording the camera?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should try SmartPSS for the Mac.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not. Or I guess the internal sd card is. It's just for live view.
It does have some bearing on how you view the cameras. If the cameras were connected to an NVR, you'd need to use the mfg's app or something else that's compatible. If you were using VMS software it would depend on your choice of software.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It does have some bearing on how you view the cameras. If the cameras were connected to an NVR, you'd need to use the mfg's app or something else that's compatible. If you were using VMS software it would depend on your choice of software.
Just looking for a straight viewer that can do ptz.

Last edited: