IPC-T5449H-ASE-D2 - Resource is limited, open video failed

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased the several cams including the IPC-T5449H-ASE-D2 for black friday. After initialing the camera, on the main screen I see "Main Stream", "Substream 1" and "Substream 2". Main Stream and Substream 1 work fine. However when I click Substream 2 it says "Resource is limited, open video failed" and its just a black screen. Anyone know whats going on? Is this a known issue or did I get a bad camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with your network? Seems odd it would be on sub2 though as it will usually do that for mainstream. What resolution do you have for sub2?

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think it's the network. I'm using the same cable as I used to test all my other cams (including the boobie cam which showed both streams fine).

I did just find in "setting -> video" that substream 2 "enabled" was not checked. I was able to enable it and I can view substream 2 now. The main stream resolution is 2688x1520. It shows that each substream is set to 704x480.

I'm glad it's working but I wonder if there's a reason substream 2 was disabled out of the box. Should I leave it enabled?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have no need for substream 2, then turn it off as it would be potentially using the camera resources to provide for no benefit. Best to turn off anything not being used.