IPC-T5442T-ZEB SMD Human detecting also detect a Cat walking by

mr_ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have running SMD Human detection which is working very well. Only strange thing is that it also detects a cat walking by at night. Since I have a motion alert connected trhough my home automation system it will alert me at night. Will this be less when I set Sensitivity on low? But If so will it still be as fast detecting Human walking into the viewed area? As you can see on the pic the neighbours cat is having fun at night in my front garden. How to prevent detecting a cat?

This is my camera setting:
Schermafbeelding 2022-08-20 om 10.09.05.png

The cat walking by:

Schermafbeelding 2022-08-20 om 09.42.34.png

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Happens to me as well, same IPC.
There are false positives, human detection is not 100% correct, especially at night/low light.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lower the Sensitivity and Global Sensitivity settings.
It is recommended to set it to 5 or 6.
and Enter Global Setup to add Calibrate Region.
1122.jpg

Just the Cat In China, we call him "喵星人"
Means cats are also human. :lmao:
1221.jpg

Last edited:

mr_ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Any progress on this? I still get the false triggers from a cat walking by. I use SMD human detection. Set it already to the lowest sensitivity. Had again a look at the Motion Detection settings what would adapting the sensitivity there do? Or will it just bring more triggers outside the masked area? Anyone having the same problem and solved it?

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-01 om 11.18.26.pngScherm­afbeelding 2022-12-01 om 11.20.55.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make the min size larger than the cat in the field of view and that should stop it.

Also do the Global Setup if you haven't already.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same problem, it seems to only happen at night.
I raised the minimum size like Wittaj, and it has helped. I am using
a size of 20 with only 2 false alerts in about 3 months now. A lot
better then every night.

mr_ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. In which config screen or screens should I change/ set those settings? I now have the setting for Human detection in the AI/ SMD page and some masking in the Alarm Motion Detecting page. :)

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I just went in to look, and I am on face detection, not human.
It's down towards the bottom with target filter Max size and Min size.
Looks like the human detection only has sensitivity setting, have you tried that?

I will play a little on another camera that has the human and motor vehicle enabled,
but I don't have the cat problem with it.

mr_ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the sensitivity for human detection set at low. Still having that cat at night :)

Last edited:

mr_ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
So guess who's back again :) @Old Timer did you have time to test the Human motion detection? Any other settings that might help me out here? Having a light on all night is no option. It goes on when Human motion detected. Thinking about this.
  • Could it be, that it also detect motion (all motion)? How to figure out if that is what is happening?
  • Also can there be differences in the setting of the camera it self and the settings made within the NVR?
  • looking at my HA system, where the camera is listed I see mentioned Infrared as being: off . That might also cause this to happen? How to check that from the NVR menu?

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-07 om 10.59.28.png

\Schermafbeelding 2022-12-07 om 10.37.19.png

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens if you turn off the NVR motion detect?
I am using Blueiris with my cameras, only trigger from the smart detection.

I ended up switching mine to IVS like the other cameras. I was missing a lot before.