IPC-t5442t-ze with iSpy

Reaction score
I recently received my first Loryta camera and am excited to get it connected. I’ve logged in to the built in dashboard and have discovered it using NX-V app on my iPhone. The problem I’m running into is finding the correct url and credentials to actually connect it to my nvr. I’ve tried iSpy, Shinobi and bluecherry with a variety of URL’s but so far nothing works. I have enabled onvif on the camera and created an onvif user. What am I missing? I’ve added Hikvision cameras with a url similar to “http://<ip>:port/onvif/device_service”without issue but this is my first dahua and I’ve tried every url variant I can think of without success. Any help or suggestions (except to use BI) are welcome

thanks in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your internal IP address is probably different than the default IP address of the Dahua OEM cams. The default IP address is 192.168.1.108.

The easiest way is to take a laptop (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network.

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP

Reaction score
Your internal IP address is probably different than the default IP address of the Dahua OEM cams. The default IP address is 192.168.1.108.

The easiest way is to take a laptop (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network.

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I didn’t receive notification of your message so apologies for the delay (guess I need to check forum settings).

As mentioned, I haven’t connected to the camera and made several configuration settings (including switching to DHCP!). I am able to discover the cam with NX-V but not with any of the aforementioned services. If you have a similar Loryta (or dahua) camera can you share the onvif url you used/discovered to connect to the streaming feeds?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try one of these:

• rtsp:/IPADDRESS: PORT#/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
  • rtsp:/USER: PW@IPADDRESS: PORT#/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
  • rtsp:/IPADDRESS: PORT#/live

Except no space in between : and P because then it looks like this :p

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Heads up, don't forget there are two / after rtsp:, the forum removes one of them when two are together....

Reaction score
Thanks to your help, I was able to get my camera set up in iSpy (my preferred NVR)! For anyone else struggling with the same, I had to add a new camera as “video source” then change the type to “ip camera”. Based on my camera settings, I used:
  • rtsp:/IPADDRESS/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
For live feed and:
  • rtsp:/IPADDRESS/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
For recording feed (note subtype is the only change).

thank you again for the pointers