IPC-T5442T-ZE facial recognition, human and vehicle detection question

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have this camera with basically default settings out of the box. it is running on a test bench and i didn't buy the camera for any specific purpose. however, i would like to see what all can be done with this camera specifically with facial recognition, human and vehicle detection.

i'm not sure which DVR/NVR this camera should be paired with (if someone were to buy the camera and DVR/NVR for full compatibility) currently i have the camera connected to synology surveillance station.

i've been able to find the settings in the web GUI to enable facial detection, human and vehicle detection, but the only other options i see in the web gui are FTP, email and NAS and i'm not sure if that's for facial, human and vehicle detection or for a mix of the three.

i am not expecting the option to send this data to synology surveillance station, but i was curious what my options were if i wanted to scan/detect/capture/etc for either of those three things.

Device Type
IPC-T5442T-ZE

System Version
V2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18

WEB Version
V3.2.1.1261216

ONVIF Version
21.12(V3.1.0.1235054)

thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can only run one of those at a time.

Human/Vehicle detection are "filters" under IVS rules (Tripwire, Intrusion etc)
They can determine the difference between the two and limit false alerts so you dont get leaves, shadows, etc.

Face Detection is as it sounds in that it will only detect faces in a defined area. On a compatible newer NVR it will store them.
It is NOT Face Recognition which is a higher level function that compares faces in a stored database allowing you to see an alert or take an action, whitelist etc.

FTP, email and NAS and others dont correlate directly to the AI functions you're asking about. They are "system" functions

Pair that and similar cameras with the 5000 EI series NVR for best results
WizSense Series - Dahua International

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can only run one of those at a time.

Human/Vehicle detection are "filters" under IVS rules (Tripwire, Intrusion etc)
They can determine the difference between the two and limit false alerts so you dont get leaves, shadows, etc.

Face Detection is as it sounds in that it will only detect faces in a defined area. On a compatible newer NVR it will store them.
It is NOT Face Recognition which is a higher level function that compares faces in a stored database allowing you to see an alert or take an action, whitelist etc.

FTP, email and NAS and others dont correlate directly to the AI functions you're asking about. They are "system" functions

Pair that and similar cameras with the 5000 EI series NVR for best results
WizSense Series - Dahua International
my mistake on the facial recognition, i was going off of memory from what i saw earlier in the browser.

it sounds like a dahua NVR would be needed. i did not buy this camera for use of those functions so i'm going to bass on the NVR, but i appreciate the information.

thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I havent tried but it could be the face detection will store on an SD card on the camera...? But theres no interface to view them... sorry i dont use SD cards, other here do

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I havent tried but it could be the face detection will store on an SD card on the camera...? But theres no interface to view them... sorry i dont use SD cards, other here do
i wouldn't be interested in that, either. i just wanted to make sure none of the settings i was asking about could be pushed/sent to a 3rd party NVR. in this case, synology surveillance station.

right not surveillance station is recording 24/7 and there is a section within the dashboard that shows thumbnails of motion. yes, there is a lot to sort through, but it is much better/faster than scrolling through recorded video.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what allows BI to interact with these cameras and smart detections?
BI can receive the triggers via ONVIF, so for many of us we find the camera AI motion triggers to be spot on, so we don't have BI doing the motion detection and simply allow the camera to trigger the BI motion.

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI can receive the triggers via ONVIF, so for many of us we find the camera AI motion triggers to be spot on, so we don't have BI doing the motion detection and simply allow the camera to trigger the BI motion.
it looks like synology also has the option for motion to come from the camera vs synology itself. in my case, the motion setting is set to 'camera settings' and i get motion triggers. however, i don't see anything for vehicle, human or face.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it looks like synology also has the option for motion to come from the camera vs synology itself. in my case, the motion setting is set to 'camera settings' and i get motion triggers. however, i don't see anything for vehicle, human or face.
BI recently added that feature to be able to distinguish. It is a work in progress to make it user friendly, but folks here have spent the time to figure it out and have alerts to them based on the various triggers.