IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV 5MP Full-color Active Deterrence Fixed-focal Bullet WizSense Network Camera

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to 'try out" a fixed focal cam with active deterrence and a different focal length outside of my 2.8mm. Call this my critter cam since goal was to use to spot and deter my racoon & skunk issue. Setup on east side of house overlooking path between neighbor and my house which leads to back of shed and neighbors back yard and raised deck. Have switched up the encoding parameters and schedule but no trigger flashing lights. Using a Dahua NVR with WizSense feature.

Tried but can not get the active deterrence flashing light feature to work upon motion trigger. The IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV offers both red / blue led lights and pre-recorded audio. Did not enable audio since the area is shared and don't need to be awoken by audio in the middle of the night.

Sample showing skunk around 3am last night. Previous night had family of racoons with 1 mother and 4 kits in tow.

Attachments

Last edited:

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to 'try out" a fixed focal cam with active deterrence and a different focal length outside of my 2.8mm. Call this my critter cam since goal was to use to spot and deter my racoon & skunk issue. Setup on east side of house overlooking path between neighbor and my house which leads to back of shed and neighbors back yard and raised deck. Have switched up the encoding parameters and schedule but no trigger flashing lights. Using a Dahua NVR with WizSense feature.

Tried but can not get the active deterrence flashing light feature to work upon motion trigger. The IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV offers both red / blue led lights and pre-recorded audio. Did not enable audio since the area is shared and don't need to be awoken by audio in the middle of the night.

Sample showing skunk around 3am last night. Previous night had family of racoons with 1 mother and 4 kits in tow.
Are the "Audio Linkage" and "Warning Light" options checked in your settings, if they are not checked, check them and the warning flashing lights and siren should work!

Light.jpg

The warning lights are activated upon human or vehicle detection, I think the sensor does not respond and is not activated by small animals...

Last edited:

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are the "Audio Linkage" and "Warning Light" options checked in your settings, if they are not checked, check them and the warning flashing lights and siren should work!

View attachment 136103

The warning lights are activated upon human or vehicle detection, I think the sensor does not respond and is not activated by small animals...

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odd feature got it to function once but doesn't repeat flashing lights after single event. Thinking a firmware fix is needed here although I have the latest firmware posted.