IPC Camera Alarm Trigger - Tripping outside of set hours

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

We have 2 Trigger Alarms with the flashing lights. The settings on our system are set up to trigger 11.30pm to 6am when a tripwire is crossed, however the alarm is getting triggered at anytime during the day or whenever the tripwire is crossed.

Are there other settings that I need to look at? Has anyone had this issue?

We had our sparky here when this happened who was looking at the camera due to a sound issue on one of the other cameras. At the time one of the breakers tripped, so our sparky said it is possible fault in the recorder caused by the power trip. Does this sound right?

Our sparky doesn't want to take responsibility for it saying if the outage caused a fault it was out of his control.

Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All the settings should be done in the camera GUI, not the NVR.

So if you set it up in the NVR, a power reset of the NVR would then pull whatever settings were in the camera and that could be issue.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

1712919676643.png

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure why they have motion enabled by default on the tioc cams. Hungover 30’ in the air and they boot and start screaming in your face!
What wittaj said, if you’re linkage schedules on ivs are correct go to alarm/ motion detection, it’s probably enabled.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as your guy, he probably shut the breaker just to shut up the cams. I’ve had guys on construction sites climb up and disconnect cams!

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
All the settings should be done in the camera GUI, not the NVR.

So if you set it up in the NVR, a power reset of the NVR would then pull whatever settings were in the camera and that could be issue.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

View attachment 192119
Thanks for the advice on this one. I was able to get into one of the cameras ok and adjust things. But for some reason I can't access the second one. This is the screen shot I get when I click the webpage in the settings for it.

Any further advice?

Attachments