IPC-B52IR-Z12E S2 vs axis p1455 LE

thlong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

If I only use the control setting that comes with the camera ( access through the web browser), saving video/image directly on the cam (micro sd card?). Which cam is better at LPR , which cam is easier to setup? Consider the cam points to the street at about 45°, 30ft.
TIA

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are comparing a 64mm varifocal to a 9mm varifocal and that will result in greatly different capabilities.

Most here would say to go with the Dahua OEM as there are many of us here that can help you dial it in. Not many people here use Axis, especially for LPR, as it is overpriced for what is needed.

If you are truly at 30 feet (most people under-estimate the distance), then you can get by with a cheaper turret like one of these:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

richardgohth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

If I only use the control setting that comes with the camera ( access through the web browser), saving video/image directly on the cam (micro sd card?). Which cam is better at LPR , which cam is easier to setup? Consider the cam points to the street at about 45°, 30ft.
TIA
setup both are difficult,
axis has an "expert" mode that is even more complicated.
I have good results with axis camera
check if the lens zoom fits your requirement
sensor shld be the same

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if I would call it difficult, especially if you have been in Dahua GUI.

My friend just got the z12e and I set it up in a few minutes. We have tons of baseline settings used in the LPR subforum.

thlong

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if I would call it difficult, especially if you have been in Dahua GUI.

My friend just got the z12e and I set it up in a few minutes. We have tons of baseline settings used in the LPR subforum.
I'm new here. How to get to the subforum?