IP camera recommendation

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for some cameras to go into my new home. This home is an old build, but I have run ethernet cables to all the drops for the cameras.

I have three interior rooms I want to cover. 2 of them are small children's rooms and the other is a large playroom. The two bedrooms are basically the same at 14' by 10' The playroom is roughly 24' by 13' I'd like these to be fixed cameras (dome if possible), POE, with two way audio. Being able to hear my kids and speak back to them is important. I'd like to spend between $100-$150. These need to be HD, but I understand what i'm getting with the price point.

I also want to place exterior cameras as well. These do not need to have two way audio capability, but I would like them to be fixed (also dome, i like the streamlined look of a dome camera), POE, and have NAS recording capability. I'd like the same price here. Around $100-150. These will be up on a second story, under eaves. Again, need to be HD.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for some cameras to go into my new home. This home is an old build, but I have run ethernet cables to all the drops for the cameras.

I have three interior rooms I want to cover. 2 of them are small children's rooms and the other is a large playroom. The two bedrooms are basically the same at 14' by 10' The playroom is roughly 24' by 13' I'd like these to be fixed cameras (dome if possible), POE, with two way audio. Being able to hear my kids and speak back to them is important. I'd like to spend between $100-$150. These need to be HD, but I understand what i'm getting with the price point.

I also want to place exterior cameras as well. These do not need to have two way audio capability, but I would like them to be fixed (also dome, i like the streamlined look of a dome camera), POE, and have NAS recording capability. I'd like the same price here. Around $100-150. These will be up on a second story, under eaves. Again, need to be HD.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
Start by reading this: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7097-Resource-Guide-on-IP-Technology-for-all-Noobs

2nd floor eaves aren't great for cameras, you won't be able to see enough detail to do much good. "HD" means different things, 720p is HD but you get a lot more resolution out of 2-4 MP. There are a lot of other camera features that matter beyond resolution.