IP Camera Installation HELP!

Schudel01

n3wb
Reaction score
okay here is what im doing. I have a foscam ip camera. I have xfinity wifi, but I have a seperate cabin upstate that I dont have my xfinity hooked up too. My neighbor has xfinity so I am able to access the xfinity through his xfinitywifi hotspot. heres how its set up;

Im pulling in a xfinity hotspot into a laptop, and then sharing the connection with my asus rt-n12 router and then re-broadcasting the signal throughout the rest of the house.
I can access the ip cam on the network, however I cannot get remote access working no matter how much I try. My camera has a build in DDNS URL and it redirects successfully to my external Ip address. I cannot figure out how to get this set up and Ive been banging my head against the wall for days trying. Ive tried port forwarding, but no matter what I type it still says the port is closed. Can someone please give me some instructions on how I can accomplish this.

Equiptment I have is.
yagi antenna (pulling wifi into laptop)
Sharing the signal via ethernet cable to Asus rt-n12 Router.
Rebroadcasting the signal as a new network throughout my house.
Foscam IP camera.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And save yourself some grief, if you can return the Foscam for a refund, do so and purchase a Dahua or a Hik.
Foscam is pretty crappy.

And sounds like you have the Foscam connecting to the network via Wifi?
Wifi is bad choice, use Ethernet cable.