Invalid IP Assigned

delphicam

n3wb
Reaction score
While assigning static IP addresses, I fat-fingered in an invalid address aka .300. This is on a Speco camera with no reset button. Any way to access it to put in the correct address?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will have to temporarily put your system on the subnet you accidently put it to, if you know what it is.

delphicam

n3wb
Reaction score
You will have to temporarily put your system on the subnet you accidently put it to, if you know what it is.
I didn't change the subnet, just the static IP. Problem is I assigned it an IP ending in 300 instead of 30 so I cannot access it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where is it being limited to 30 - in the router, in the VLAN switch? You should be able to change the limit and access it.

delphicam

n3wb
Reaction score
Where is it being limited to 30 - in the router, in the VLAN switch? You should be able to change the limit and access it.
I put in an IP address of 192.xxx.xxx.300. 300 is out of the valid IP address ranges so I can no longer see it using my IP scanner.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I put in an IP address of 192.xxx.xxx.300. 300 is out of the valid IP address ranges so I can no longer see it using my IP scanner.
I am surprised that the camera would accept this ip address...are you certain this is what happened?
There must be a reset mechanism, either a button or you have to jump two points on the board...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I’m surprised too. I was tempted to try and then thought.. hmmmmm

delphicam

n3wb
Reaction score
I am surprised that the camera would accept this ip address...are you certain this is what happened?
There must be a reset mechanism, either a button or you have to jump two points on the board...
Well, it no longer shows on the ip scanner. I took the camera apart and found no reset button or pinhole. No help from Speco except send it in.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I may tomorrow, its dark now and we have bears roaming in car ports :rolleyes:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it no longer shows on the ip scanner. I took the camera apart and found no reset button or pinhole. No help from Speco except send it in.
Are you using the speco ip scanner? if not try it..
You may also want to try the dahua config tool as this camera may be made by dahua...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The UI should have rejected 192.xxx.xxx.300 . But since it didn't, maybe it just truncated the .300 to an 8-bit number, which would have set it to 192.xxx.xxx.44. Try looking for it there.