Indoor Camera with IVS

Al_Fonce

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Right after someone robbed my house, I purchased a Reolink C1 Pro.
The reoling works fine but it does not work well with my Dahua NVR. In a nutshell, it can reccord to the NVR but only for permanent recording, IVS recording does not work.
Does anyone knows of a Dahua indoor camera (or any other brand) that will work with a Dahua NVR and supports IVS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Right after someone robbed my house, I purchased a Reolink C1 Pro.
The reoling works fine but it does not work well with my Dahua NVR. In a nutshell, it can reccord to the NVR but only for permanent recording, IVS recording does not work.
Does anyone knows of a Dahua indoor camera (or any other brand) that will work with a Dahua NVR and supports IVS.
Do you have an alarm system?

Al_Fonce

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank yo all for your feedback.

@Terk I was about to order a consumer line camera not because of the price but because of the form factor that has a better WAF that the none consumer one

@giomania thanks for the document, I am going to look into it

@fenderman no, when i went to the police to report the robbery, they told me that the only point of the alarm is not to prevent the robbery but make it goes faster. For now I plan to stick to cameras

Al_Fonce

n3wb
Reaction score
I have not found any Dahua camera that has a good WAF, but thanks to @giomania document I have found the ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone) that seems to be a good choice.

Anyone made this work with a Dahua NVR? My use case is simple, I want the camera to record only if there is motion, not all the time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman no, when i went to the police to report the robbery, they told me that the only point of the alarm is not to prevent the robbery but make it goes faster. For now I plan to stick to cameras
Any cop who told you that is a moron...you can link them to this thread.....i doubt you were told that....you want to be cheap...
get an alarm then use the camera to login when it goes off and you are notified...they are cheap - 300-400 - bux for a basic honeywell system

Al_Fonce

n3wb
Reaction score
I might need to precise that I am in France, not in the US so the cops might have a different approach.

Right after the robbery I bought a Dahua NVR + 2x 2TB HDD + 1x IPC-HDW5231R-Z (and plan to buy more of those) so trust me being cheap is not the issue, I just want to spend my money wisely.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I might need to precise that I am in France, not in the US so the cops might have a different approach.

Right after the robbery I bought a Dahua NVR + 2x 2TB HDD + 1x IPC-HDW5231R-Z (and plan to buy more of those) so trust me being cheap is not the issue, I just want to spend my money wisely.
It doesn't matter where you are... An alarm system is the first line of defense it's a must have before any cameras...

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I can confirm what Fenderman says, and i'm also living in France.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Part of the reason for an alarm is to alert YOU if you are home. Gives you the extra few seconds to hide or to be prepared to defend yourself.
Second reason is to be painfully loud.